[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any real estate agents here? What kind of person would you recommend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
Any real estate agents here?

What kind of person would you recommend it to?
Would you say its a worthwhile career in terms of pay?
What do you see as the most important factors of success?
>>
>>1755721
>What kind of person would you recommend it to?
Anybody with a pulse
>Would you say its a worthwhile career in terms of pay?
It's commission-based, so that means it's all on you. Make as much or as little as you want. Worthwhile? Up to you to decide.
>What do you see as the most important factors of success?
Prospecting. Networking. At the end of the day, you need clients. Nothing else matters without that.
>>
>>1755721
Bought and sold quite a few houses so I can tell you what I see in real estate agents.

Be prepared for long periods with no income... starting up, downturns in the economy, etc... If you are looking for steady income this isn't where you'll find it.

The hours are pretty nonstop. Nights and weekends are a must.

EVERYONE is an expert in real estate... the guy selling his house, the guy buying a house, every other real estate agent you deal with. They all (supposedly) know more than you.

The best agents I have dealt with had been in the business 20+ years. When I went to sell my house. I asked (a) how long they had been in the business, (b) how long they had been in the business in my area and (c) a list of every house they sold in the past year. Those are the only agents I'd work with.
>>
These are all good answers.

I'm not an agent, I'm an investor, but I'm not convinced that it's a great job. Yes, you can make a lot of money if you're in the top 5%, but the rest starve.

I think the real problem is that it's set up too much like an MLM. You pay your brokerage to set up shop, you buy training from them, then go out and sell, which they get a cut of. And they could care less if you sink or swim. And most people don't make much. Doesn't it sound like I just described frikkin Amway?

If you're all set on becoming one, though, make sure to realize it's NOT A JOB. You must run it like your own business. That's probably the #1 reason for failure.

Then, have some cash set aside for living expenses, business expenses and definitely get some paid coaching. You need to be getting advice from someone who gets at 500k+ GCI per year.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1756909
Shit. Fixing to get mine just for access to the mls. I thought i was going to buy a "fixer uppper" and rent it out.

LOL!!!

Better yet 3 months latter i bought another crack house!

Ouch.

Muh wallet.

Lesson learned.
>>
>>1756909
>I think the real problem is that it's set up too much like an MLM. You pay your brokerage to set up shop, you buy training from them, then go out and sell, which they get a cut of. And they could care less if you sink or swim. And most people don't make much. Doesn't it sound like I just described frikkin Amway?
Haha, yeah, especially when you're in the red before you even start because of fees (brokerage, MLS, e-Key, Realtor, etc.).
>If you're all set on becoming one, though, make sure to realize it's NOT A JOB. You must run it like your own business. That's probably the #1 reason for failure.
You need to be a self-starter. Self-motivated. As you said, the broker generally doesn't give a shit. It's all up to you. That is not for everyone to say the least.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.