[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /futurestrader/ here? What do you trade? I trade the YM,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: CME_full_logo-1024x744.png (126KB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
CME_full_logo-1024x744.png
126KB, 1024x744px
Who /futurestrader/ here?

What do you trade?

I trade the YM, ES and common currency pairs
>>
>>1754188
>I trade the YM, ES and common currency pairs
not for long.
how much money you lose today?
>>
File: Capture.png (11KB, 930x161px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
11KB, 930x161px
>>1754226
Consistently make 500-1000$/day. Currently at 427.50$
>>
>>1754237
strategy? initial principle?
>>
>>1754237
good luck with that. i'm up 3,333 today. but all my positions are long term.
>>
>>1754244
>Initial Principle
Was fed up of working on somebody else's dreams. Wanted to build some capital to do some more serious investing. Now i'm on pace to make 300K this year.

>Strategy

YM: Market open, pickup easy, erratic moves
ES: Scalping. Works best when no crazy news
Forex: Only take obvious setups. You can lose money way too quickly in forex.
I won't get too much into detail with my setups, but they have been battle-tested in simu-trading for months and now make me consistent money.
>>
>>1754251
I never hold overnight positions on index futures. My more conservative investments are in various ETF's and mutual funds
>>
>>1754277
>>1754267
I admit trading is a rush. I have some cash on the side. I might get into it. Can't today because of ice storm. power might go out.
>>
>>1754335
Id recommend at least 10-15K USD starting cash for futures
>>
>>1754188
Do you have much experience with getting fills for M6B and M6E?
>>
>>1754188
Can someone tell me what a futures trader does in layman's terms?
>>
>>1754955
How you use futures depends on your goal. The two main uses of futures is hedging and speculation.

For hedging, lets say there is a business in Canada that knows its going to be expanding in the US. They come up with their plans and figure out that they have to convert one million CAD to USD in months from now in June but their plans depend and rely on a specific exchange rate assumption and if it changes they actually lose money on their project. What they can do is use a futures contract to hedge the risk of the fluctuations in the exchange rate. The CME offers a futures contract to exchange 100k CAD for USD at a specific future date. So for example the contract to deliver in June 2017, depending on the platform youre using the symbol might be C1M17 or D6M17. By going long 10 contracts they can fix their exchange rate now so if in the meantime between now and June the exchange rate changes they dont have to worry about it. The reason its long 10 contracts is because that would make their next exposure neutral because they are selling 10 times 100k = 1 million CAD.

Heres some more ideas https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_hedging
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedge_(finance)
>A typical hedger might be a commercial farmer. The market values of wheat and other crops fluctuate constantly as supply and demand for them vary, with occasional large moves in either direction. Based on current prices and forecast levels at harvest time, the farmer might decide that planting wheat is a good idea one season, but the price of wheat might change over time. Once the farmer plants wheat, he is committed to it for an entire growing season. If the actual price of wheat rises greatly between planting and harvest, the farmer stands to make a lot of unexpected money, but if the actual price drops by harvest time, he is going to lose the invested money.
>Due to the uncertainty of future supply and demand fluctuations, and the price risk imposed on the farmer, said farmer may use different financial transactions to reduce, or hedge, their risk.

>the farmer selling his wheat at a future date, he will sell short futures contracts for the amount that he predicts to harvest to protect against a price decrease. The current (spot) price of wheat and the price of the futures contracts for wheat converge as time gets closer to the delivery date, so in order to make money on the hedge, the farmer must close out his position earlier than then. On the chance that prices decrease in the future, the farmer will make a profit on his short position in the futures market which offsets any decrease in revenues from the spot market for wheat. On the other hand, if prices increase, the farmer will generate a loss on the futures market which is offset by an increase in revenues on the spot market for wheat. Instead of agreeing to sell his wheat to one person on a set date, the farmer will just buy and sell futures on an exchange and then sell his wheat wherever he wants once he harvests it
>>
>>1754188
broker?
>>
File: I'm going to make it.png (83KB, 743x800px) Image search: [Google]
I'm going to make it.png
83KB, 743x800px
>>1754955
>Can someone tell me what a futures trader does in layman's terms?
the price column i the middle moves up and down. They either buy it, hoping it goes up so they can sell it at a profit, or the short it, hoping it will go down so they can buy it back for less and reap a profit. this shows one contract being traded. it's gambling, basically.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.