[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, How diversified are you ? Looking for opportunities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Hey /biz/,

How diversified are you ?

Looking for opportunities to invest in.
Stocks, BTC,.. already in.

CS:GO skins?
>>
>>1753622
Look into etfs
>SPY ONEQ QQQ...
>>
>>1754006
already have money in ETFs, emergency funds, etc

looking for something out of the ordinary.

Rare cards? kek idk
>>
>>1753622
>use acorns for massive gainz
>>
>>1754591
nice, what else?
>>
>>1754286
Try old magic the gathering cards.
>>
>>1753622
I have all my money invested in rare pepes. they dropped 30% when liberals declared them as hate symbol. fucking libtards
>>
>>1754286
>etc
What is this etc?
What kind of sums are we talking about?
Gold and other rare metals would be a classic difersification. (Real gold, not certificates or share in mining corps)
Property is a classic too.
Things like classic cars or watches can be an investment (albeit a high risk one) too.
Some LEGO sets have had insane value rises.
Stamps?

>CS:GO skins
How the hell do you invest in those?
How long will the lifetime of that investment be?
>>
File: 2-longer term.png (183KB, 1327x753px) Image search: [Google]
2-longer term.png
183KB, 1327x753px
>>1755685
20k in SP500 ETF, up +20% already.
5k in emergency funds.

Have a few k left don't know what to do with it. Sure I could use them to buy more stocks, but I'm waiting for SP500 to touch 2030 in coming months as its wave 4, to load some more.

It's not enough money to buy metals. I think the minimum amount for investing in such assets is 10k, otherwise the fees will kill your returns and you would have to make at least 1% to breakeven.

But for the sake of diversification, I would think of others assets such as what you said, watches, lego, stamps, why the fuck not.
>>
File: 1 - 2017.png (177KB, 1329x747px) Image search: [Google]
1 - 2017.png
177KB, 1329x747px
>>1755713
also SP500 for 2017
>>
I have my inheritance I received, most of it is diversified in dividend paying stocks/ vanguard
while I use 100k to day trade
>>
>>1755713
>20k + 5k
Well, that's not too much.
My personal opinion is, that having some internationally (and across various industries) spread ETF's is probably a good enough start.
I'm in the same order of magnitude as you are, and I'm mostly in funds and I play around with stockpicking, because I think it's fun, and have some bits and pieces of shiny metal, mostly because my grandpa started it, and I like shiny metal.
>It's not enough money to buy metals. I think the minimum amount for investing in such assets is 10k
Yeah, the less you buy, the higher the proportion of fees and such is, but as long as you don't become a retard gold bug, buing the occasional little bit of physical silver or gold could be an interesting idea. Just don't make it a huge proportion that you'll have to liquidate fast.
I don't know how it works where you are, but here in Germany, I can buy physical silver coins or gold at most large bank branches or at Degussa
>https://shop.degussa-goldhandel.de/gold/goldbarren
For example 10g for €380, which is 0,35274 ounces or about 1158$ per ounce which isn't that far away from spot price, if my maths is correct. Obviously, the smaller you get (ie 1g for 45€, the more you pay).
>>
>>1755743
I'm in France so I could buy some bars like you for the same price, thx.

How much do you invest in stock picking? Which broker?

Interactive Broker requires 10k minimum.

Also, the problem is that when gold will pop to 1600 you'll get 30-40% returns on a few k. It's not much.

How do you keep your gold tho, safes?
What's your portfolio ?
>>
>>1755792

>How much do you invest in stock picking? Which broker?
A few thousands. maybe about a third of my "investments"? Too lazy to pull it up. But most of it are "stable" long term investments that I plan on keeping for many years (ie. Adidas, Apple, Allianz) and some are riskier stuff to play around (a few hundreds here and there on a whim).

>Interactive Broker requires 10k minimum.
I'm just doing it with my bank where I also have my ETFs and banking account. But there are probably better/cheaper options. ING-Diba seems like a good option for germany, I'm sure there are similar direct banks/brokers in france too.

>Also, the problem is that when gold will pop to 1600 you'll get 30-40% returns on a few k. It's not much.
That's why you wait until it goes to 4000, so you get 300%…
That's why I said don't get too much. It's not really an investment, such as stocks, it's a kind of insurance and its nice and shiny!

>How do you keep your gold tho, safes?
It's just around 2000, so its just in some random drawers, but maybe at some point I have to think about that.
>>
>>1755806
Thank you for the valuables advices.

https://suissegold.com/product/25-x-2-gram-suisse-gold-william-tell-bullion-bars?cat=249&page=3

Will the price move with the daily fixing? Or it's updated less frequently.

https://suissegold.com/product/25-x-2-gram-suisse-gold-william-tell-bullion-bars?cat=249&page=3
>>
>>1754286
I've had luck loaning money to felons who started small businesses. I've done a couple of them so far and I've made about 17% on 50 grand. Not the safest investment but it helps them out and the returns are pretty good.
>>
>>1755941
>Thank you for the valuables advices.
de rien…
>Will the price move with the daily fixing? Or it's updated less frequently.
Don't know, but I'd assume it's at least daily. They should have it on their page somewhere.

>>1755960
>I've had luck loaning money to felons who started small businesses.
In some kind of organized, "fintech-app" way or something, or buy just waiting in front of prison and asking folks walking out if they'd need some money?

This whole P2P lending seems like an interesting option. I'm also interested in that, but it's either finding your customers (and the guy that pops their kneecaps) yourself, or some really hip and hiped startup app, where everything is nice and easy and all love each other, which just seems as unappealing as becoming a credit shark.
>>
>>1756024
The two opportunities I had were the owners of businesses where I started out as a customer. I came in right when they opened and was personable with the owner and shopped there pretty regularly for a year or so. Eventually these businesses wanted to expand but they couldn't secure financing because Banks are pretty skittish with loaning to these people. I went over some financials with them to ensure they were actually doing decent, drew up a promissory note, and loaned each of them 25k. They both expanded, paid off the note, and have been since able to secure lines of credit from actual banks.

I just kind of happened into these opportunities but there is a niche there because banks just won't loan to these people right off.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.