[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm disabled and can't stand for long. This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1442587934135.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1442587934135.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
Hey guys,
I'm disabled and can't stand for long. This is a recent development in my life. Previously i did manual labor and sales jobs. I am not overweight.
I have a HS diploma but no college education.
Im very smart, love problem solving, great at sales, love efficiency and simplicity.
Problem is that i cant get hired because of not being able to stand long.
Any desk jobs in my area require a college degree.
Any suggestions?
>>
Seems like you have three choices:

Either get some sort of qualification that allows you to get an office job, move to an area where you don't need a degree for office jobs (most places) or work from home somehow.

Depending on where you live you might also be entitled to disability benefits.
>>
>>1752531
I would love to work with home. Maybe building something cool.
Im good with tools. Dont know what would make me money though.
>>
>>1752537
Give it a go. It's easier than ever to make money from home. Making a living is not going to be easy though.

What do you do exactly? If you do carpentry or something you could open a workshop I guess.
>>
>>1752550
I currently make vape juice. But its not enough and its under the table.
No i DO NOT vape.
My wife works as well and makes good money. I just feel useless sitting at home
>>
>>1752562
can you scale up? Idk how/when legislation will affect vaping, but if it can make you cash, why not?
>>
>>1752523
Get an Amazon call center job. I hear they work from home and pick their own hours.
>>
>>1752523
Hospitality front desk jobs.
>>
>>1752883
Nearly all hospitality jobs require you to stand at the front desk in my experience, I may be wrong though.

But at ever hotel desk I've been to the front desks are at standing level for guests and the host or concierge or receptionist also has to stand.

OP could get a job as cashier at Aldi, they are the only grocery or retail place I knows that lets it's cashiers sit in chairs
>>
>>1752746
I tried scaling up. Local shops caught wind of me and started shit talking my product.
I make very high quality stuff, but so do all the local shops. And its impossible to compete because people trust their word over mine.
I even went to 3 different juice manufacturers locally that distribute world wide and they demanded insane prices to get my juice on store shelves. To the point i would only make 10 cents per bottle and they would make $18.
Because the juice manufacturers own all the store locally and dont want competition.
>>
>>1752912
>require you to stand
imagine a lawsuit involving a hospital not allowing a prospective employee with medical conditions to work at a non-physical job.
>>
>>1753937
The problem is getting hired in the first place if the job description says you need to stand a majority of the time.
>>
>>1752523
Get amphetamines. I am in this situation as well and can stand up for longer periods of time due to the medication.
>>
>>1752965
Do you sell online, e.g. shopify site? I doubt Amazon would allow vape juice on their platform but your own site can be a go.
>>
>>1753950
I dont do drugs...
>>1753956
No online sales are really difficult because of shipping liquids, and nicotine.

How does one break into the delivery or courier business?
I have a motorcycle and truck and fuel efficient car.
I like to drive and ride. Would love to deliver things.
I dont suppose its that easy to do though.
>>
Dude, get a job at a call center. There are plenty of jobs where you can sit and get paid around minimum wage.
>>
>>1755202
Tried this.
Even have a friend who is a team leader. He put in a good word for me.
They said i was over qualified. Which we know is bullshit.
Friend found its because they dont wanna deal with me potentially being in pain and missing work.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.