[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just sold my house >moved back in with parents >currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: house-sold-Small.jpg (52KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
house-sold-Small.jpg
52KB, 640x425px
>just sold my house
>moved back in with parents
>currently have ~$52,000 in bank
>make ~$40,000 a year after taxes
>have no debt

I am tired of living paycheck to paycheck which is why I sold my house. I am still young and want to make something of my life. I am not looking to become a millionaire, I just want to live comfortably as a middle class American citizen. How do I use this money to make more money?
>>
>>1752380
Moving back in with your mom is not an accomplishment
>>
>>1752382
moving in with your parents is the most redpilled thing you can do

>>1752380
buy gas to go to a job
>>
Put it in an index fund or rental property. Then pretend you are broke. Then go get a job and work.

Not sure what else you were expecting in terms of am answer.
>>
>>1752382
never said it was
>>1752397
>>1752462
maybe I didn't word the OP right. I currently have a white collar job making right at $40,000 a year after taxes. I just sold my home and after paying closing costs and the remaining mortgage I received $58,000. I paid off my car and some small credit card debt. So cash on hand I have $52,000 remaining. I am keeping my job but I would like and additional source of income.

>Put it in an index fund or rental property
this is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. I have no clue what to do with this money I have but I do know not to just let it sit in my checking acct.
>>
>>1752380
>move in with gf who works
>split expenses
>no real feelings for her ever
>secret vasectomy
It's the only way
Pepe '20
>>
>>1752520
>secret vasectomy

fucker you stole my band name
>>
>>1752478
You're right to want to invest it. But don't assume you don't need to make a million. You're pretty young so you'll likely need at least that to not starve when you retire.

But as long as you do some reasonable moves consistently, you'll be fine.

I'd stay away from passive income streams, it's too soon for you. Build wealth first, then when it's time, convert things over to income producing investments.
>>
>>1752380
Do you know off the top of your head about what the selling costs were as a percent of sales price? I'm talking about everything not just the realtor commission if there was any. I want to sell my house but have been told it'll cost about 10 percent of the sales price.
>>
>>1752380
Buy a house in a rural far off place. Start saving cash and retire at a young age.
>>
>>1752380
House hack, meaning buy a duplex, live in one side and rent the other. The renter pays your mortgage + all of your living expenses. Life on easymode.
>>
>>1752538
thanks

>>1752957
I sold my house by owner. If you use a realtor they take like 6-8% of total sale. Closing cost will depend on the buyers lender. I paid about $6000 in closing costs on a sale of a $107,000 house which is pretty high. I still owed about $43,000 on my mortgage when I sold the house. Basically what happens is the buyers lender writes you a check for the agreed sale price, the title company will take the value of the mortgage still owed and the closing costs out of the price of the total and cut you a check for the remainder.

>>1753204
great Idea
>>
>>1752380
>How do I use this money to make more money?
Why didn't you keep the house and rent it out? Assuming you're in an area with a decent rental market and you have a low mortgage rate, you'd potentially be making a lot of money a few years down the road. You could always buy another property as a rental.
>>
>>1752380
open a forex account and trade
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.