[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/, I tried /adv/ but they didn't have any input

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Hey /biz/, I tried /adv/ but they didn't have any input on this.

I am finally moving out of my parent's house, housing costs around here are very cheap and I've already signed the deal for everything. Bank has approved the loan, inspection date is set, all that is fine. Problem is, I know my parents are going to freak out. I don't care about their feelings, what I'm concerned about is all my stuff I've brought home that I want to take with me.

For example, I have the standard bed, dresser, desk etc but I also was gifted a great laser printer for free from a previous job. They use this from time to time and if I try to take it, they're going to freak out. What is the law concerning moving out on property like this? Or what if they try to stop the movers? I don't want to spend more money just to get the shit I already have.
>>
>>1751285
They aren't going to able to stop you from taking what is yours.
>>
>>1751286
I guess I just need to be honest, without shitting the board up with drama - dad is abusive. I haven't told either of them about the move because it is more than a month off and they are just going to freak out. When the movers try to take the bed, I know he's going to freak out and try to stop them. What am I supposed to do when this happens? My fear is the movers will split. I am your typical 4chan forever alone, I don't even have anyone to call outside a business to lift the bed up.
>>
>>1751296
Threaten to call the cops if he does anything, and follow through if he does, like any normal person
>>
>>1751296
Where do you live? On the off chance you're in the US and within a reasonable driving distance I'll help you move.
>>
>>1751296
Can you do it when they are at work?

What about just buying new shit less of a head ache..
>>
>>1751297
This, its how I moved my gf out from her absuive dads house.

Cops sat there and watched, and he didnt try to protest anything being "his" though. I dont know how it would have resolved if he did
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.