[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question for you /biz/. I am in line to inherit a residential

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (173KB, 556x392px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
173KB, 556x392px
I have a question for you /biz/.

I am in line to inherit a residential property in NJ in an ok town with a 1 hour commute to NYC (in 5-10 years). The property is fully paid off and ownership is equally divided amongst 3 owners. The other 2 owners have a total of 5 kids who will divide their own thirds amongst themselves meaning that by the time I inherit it, I will be sharing ownership with 5 other people. It is a family owned property.

The total current yearly net income is around $120 000.

The property is valued at around 2.5 to 3 million dollars before tax.

What would you do in my position? If I were the sole owner I'd most likely just keep it and live comfortably off rent for the rest of my life but I'm not sure I want to deal with 5 other people in terms of management and decision making.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1749407
just hang on to it.
their fractional ownership will get smaller and smaller with each passing generation, making their opinions less important over time.

you, being the typical 4chan user, will never reproduce so your stake will remain the same.

meaning you already have the luxury of ignoring their wishes so long as they don't join forces against you, and as time goes by your margin of comfort will increase as will the dollar value of your stake in the property.

of course when you die nobody will inherit your comfy income, but that's not really your concern.
>>
>>1749413
>their fractional ownership will get smaller and smaller with each passing generation, making their opinions less important over time.
I see your point but isn't this basically irrelevant for another 40-50 years? Only 1 of the other heirs has kids and they are all in their late twenties.
>>
>>1749415
>they are all in their late twenties.
The other 5 heirs that is
>>
>>1749415
>isn't this basically irrelevant for another 40-50 years?
depends how fast they fuck.

from the sounds of it I may be wrong, all of you are non-reproducing losers. You never know though, my generation of my family doubled after everyone was in their 40's.

Ultimately it's up to you, but in my experience 30 years flies by like it's nothing. You will be old before you know it and it wouldn't hurt to have a million or two in personal assets when it does.
>>
>>1749418
>from the sounds of it I may be wrong, all of you are non-reproducing losers.
Jeez why you gotta do me like that

They're all normies, just a bit too young for kids right now. I expect that most of them will start shitting them out within the next 10 years or so as they approach their mid 30s-early 40s like you said.

That's probably what'll do. It'll be comfy to have an indefinite source of monthly income in any case.
>>
Some of them are eventually going to want to sell their share.

Get your money ready to pay cash for when it starts happening.

Odds are good someone is going to develop a drug habit and then you can really get a deal

In the mean time, you really need to get something in writing about how the property will be managed between the group.

Do this before the current owner passes away.

You don't want to be trying to co-manage this thing with a bunch of people who don't know anything any it.
>>
>>1749420
>It'll be comfy to have an indefinite source of monthly income in any case.
yeah, assuming you have a management company maintaining and renting it as well as tons of insurance covering it,
it costs you essentially nothing to hold it and you'll just make money doing nothing. No reason to sell.
>>
>>1749426
It's actually completely managed by the owners. The super of the building is one of the other heirs. Probably should have mentioned that in the OP as it was one of the primary points of concerned as I have no desire at all to be involved in day-to-day management issues.
>>
>>1749429
there's always a risk of conflict in that case.

the owner/operator is more interested in making money than an independent agent, but they also may not have the expertise to do the job.

time will tell, but if it's making money so far perhaps there's no reason to worry. If your super quits you can always bring a company in to replace them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.