[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is dentist like literally the only decent stress ratio six figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1 PJ-ULzz_GayTbgI6k0OxPQ.jpg (267KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1 PJ-ULzz_GayTbgI6k0OxPQ.jpg
267KB, 1000x666px
is dentist like literally the only decent stress ratio six figure job with good hours? most business/engineers would suck dick for 70 hours a week to do the same.
>>
>>1749348
dental is extremely high stress. Tons of competition, all the hassles of owning a business but with much higher overhead and lower profit margins than a regular company.

six figures isn't much when you look at the millions they'll spend on education and keeping a brick and mortar clinic. If fixing teeth is your passion, go for it. Otherwise those same engineers will be making more money ten years into their careers, especially if they went for the MBA and management track. Most do.

the reason dental or veterinary or medical or law pay so big is because most of them own businesses. Which comes with it's own problems. When compared to other business owners they don't really shine as career choices. Would you rather spend 8 years in school running up a million in debt, or start a landscaping company with no education and make just as much or more? If you're after money the choice is pretty simple.
>>
>>1749361
idk my uncle is ballin and he chill as fuck
>>
>>1749374
on average they're not.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-suicidal-occupations-2011-10?op=1/#-natural-scientists-are-128-times-more-likely-to-commit-suicide-than-average-1
>>
>>1749348

It's pretty comfy. I knocked it until my friend finally became one last year.

> Works 4 days a week
> Mostly the techs do the actual work, he can sit in the office regularly
> Makes $130k a year and he's about to begin his second year on the job

It's legit. Dentists who own a good practice can make $300k+ per year.
>>
>>1749389

He's in Georgia. For the geographical reference.
>>
>>1749389
>. Dentists who own a good practice can make $300k+ per year
they can make far more than that.

but so can landscapers, roofers, construction contractors, carpet cleaning company owners, etc.

it's owning a business that pays big bux, not the field you own in.

a person shouldn't just go into dental for the money. If you want to fix teeth, great. Otherwise there's a lot of much easier businesses to own that pay more.

for example, my company cleans dental offices among other things. I make more than any dentist I work for.
>>
>>1749361
>>1749361
There is litigation risk which is heavy and constant and can kill you in the span of a year, too.

Dentists, in my experience, make bat-shit crazy money and they're not even real doctors. They use power tools and epoxy on your teeth. They are tradesmen. They're not even very hygenic.

My dentist owns a fucking helicopter. I know this because his office has pictures of him flying it. I look at one picture on the ceiling when he filled my teeth last.

Yeah dentistry is a good trade, for sure. Better than being a real doctor.
>>
>>1749411
owning a helicopter might or might not indicate wealth depending on your personal views. They can be had and kept for about the cost of a small plane. Upper middle class for sure, but a lot of people wouldn't consider that wealthy.

depends where you stand I guess. Just like any toy.

Dentists make much more than the average employee any way you cut it, but not much more than the average business owner.
>>
>>1749421
Bro he owns a fucking helicopter. I make good money too but not enough to lease out a hangar, maintain and own a helicopter as a toy.

It's not even a cheap looking helicopter, it's a full on Bell Jet Ranger or someshit.
>>
>>1749428
sure, that's a lot of money. Maybe a hundred thousand a year.

tens of millions of americans make that much or more though. You could easily afford that without hitting the top 5% of earners in the US.

upper middle class. Probably a millionaire, but like I said there's tens of millions just like him out there.

most of those tens of millions didn't go into huge debt to get there, and a huge fraction of them don't actually work.

I'm not knocking the dude, just saying if you're capable of running a business there's way easier ones to run.
>>
>>1749430
Yeah but the guy is a dentist, is my point.
>>
>>1749443
and a business owner, which is my point.

business owners in general make a lot of money.

it's the owner part that pays, not just the dentist part.
>>
>>1749405
no you don't
>>
>>1749496
dentists make on average $124k in the US, which is more than the average for BMC's at about $100k.

but I make more than average for a BMC, so I have no problem beating a dentist's salary.

I don't work for people that make more than me. I don't usually work for people at all. Dentists and doctors are among the very few individuals that can personally afford my services.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.