[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody knows his way around wordpress? How customizable is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: ScreenHunter_745 Jan. 20 19.47.jpg (185KB, 1844x853px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_745 Jan. 20 19.47.jpg
185KB, 1844x853px
Anybody knows his way around wordpress? How customizable is it really ?

I am just getting started and I am not really happy with everything about the theme, even though its the best I saw.

I'd like to delete some features, how do I do that.

Also, in second pic I would like to display a grid of images with a title that links to the categories displayed on the top but it does not seem to allow me to put the pictures and text in a distinct way.

Any tips welcome.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_746 Jan. 20 19.47.jpg (186KB, 1832x728px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_746 Jan. 20 19.47.jpg
186KB, 1832x728px
>>
File: CzV05r6UQAAkmHx.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CzV05r6UQAAkmHx.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>1746561
I've made a few sites using wordpress before. My best advice would be to find a theme that works for you. Search for a theme with a grid layout.

Depending on what exact features you want to remove you may or may not be able to do that through the widget section. Like on mine I had an archive, meta, and about section at the bottom I wanted to get rid of so I went in to the widget menu and cleared it out.
>>
>>1746599

Gonna look up widgets and other themes, thanks
>>
Found a better them. Could not set up the categories right the first time around (not link to the headers). Now the header is completely gone and I don't know how to go back ... Seems like every time I am touching something it fucks up something else... Anyway to go back to original settings?
>>
Just keep trying dude. There is a huge forum out there about wordpress you are more likely to get answers there than on 4chan.
>>
>>1747279

Thanks, I found the solution to my problems on a more dedicated problem indeed. I don't usually come on biz/, figured I would give it a shot.

Anyway, layout is finally looking OK, what's left is figuring out the architecture of the website and writing the content. Long road ahead but it's starting to look like something.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.