[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Cyber security engineer here >Told yesterday I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: bnr_ECE.jpg (249KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
bnr_ECE.jpg
249KB, 700x300px
>Cyber security engineer here
>Told yesterday I'm getting a promotion
>Means more work, more responsibility, and the best of all I get to shine again
>Things have worked out somehow
>Thanked my managers today
>I also have a new partner, so I have someone joining my team
>Should be an interesting year in 2017, I just hope i get the fuck off the internet
>>
>>1745171
What does a security engineer do??
>>
>>1745193

Writes password security questions
>>
>>1745171
Can you hire me? My dream is to work in IT.
>>
Nice blog.

>>1745193
I'm a security engineer and my job basically consists of enforcing the principle of least privilege on the company's infrastructure, setting up audit trails, and developing tools for our users to securely access our systems and data. It's a pretty diverse field, though.
>>
>>1745171
is it normal to write on a viewscreen with a marker pen
>>
>>1746994
I decided to stop interviewing people and my company doesn't have me interview people anymore. Seriously, being one of the guys who interviews kneewbs isn't a good gig in this career. It means you have nothing else to do so they have you do interviews, phone screens etc.. I'm too busy on projects and escalations I don't have the time to talk to a kid in his 20s trying to break into the field...

>>1747001
I'm a security engineer

Care to talk about the field? Are you at an MSSP or you're the engineer at a company?

How much work do you get? Some of us, in this company are overworked..
>>
>>1747003

3rdworlders never heard of smartboards

>>1745171

what does cyber security have to do with nuclear engineering?

>>1747001
>developing tools for our users to securely access our systems and data

how are you confident that your in-house tools don't open up vulnerabilities you're trying to close? does your insurance even cover exploits on in-house software? sounds like a rookie mistake to me, unless you're working for a multibillion dollar company
>>
>>1745171
the fuck you blog post this shit on /biz/? who are you quoting?
>>
>>1745171
I just got a promotion too and now I get to spend most of my time fucking around on the internet or watching videos or jacking off or whatever the fuck I want to
>>
>>1747577
>I just got a promotion too and now I get to spend most of my time fucking around on the internet or watching videos or jacking off or whatever the fuck I want to

I used to have time to do that, but these days I'm stuck on meetings, projects, escalations, and the occasional time I have to learn something new
>>
File: prog.png (1010KB, 2000x2210px) Image search: [Google]
prog.png
1010KB, 2000x2210px
What sort of coding skills do you need? Do you need to be a graduate?
>>
>>1747681
That pic is misleading. And Apple is Swift now.
>>
I recently got a promotion (lateral) as well in the Army. Except I still have the same job, the same pay, the same two soldiers I'm responsible for, but now everybody calls me Corporal instead of my name.
>>
>>1747681

I hate this graphic.Learning your first programming language is not equivalent to if you should pick mage, warrior, or archer in an RPG. Learning your first programming language will introduce you the world and syntax of coding and hopefully develop techniques and habits in learning more new languages which will aid in your software developing career.
>>
>>1747681
That picture is fucking retarded.

There are some languages that are nice to beginners (Java, Python, etc.) but there is NO "first" language.

If you really wanted to, you could learn assembly. I wouldn't advise it, but you could.
>>
>>1747509
My job is closer to that of a software engineer at a company. There's always a lot to do, but I'm not overworked.

>>1747549
The tools I build don't add security, they add convenience. Breaking the tool doesn't get you any privilege that you didn't already have.

>unless you're working for a multibillion dollar company
What a coincidence.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.