[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

might I ask /biz/'s thoughts on "portioning"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

might I ask /biz/'s thoughts on "portioning"?

basically goes like this:

>30% of whatever you earn is invested into long-term investments, such as properties/land

>30% of whatever you earn is invested into commodities, such as gold (24 karat)

>40% (the rest) is held onto, as either real cash or put into a savings account... investment bonds (as an example)

considering any possible expense, such as food, necessities, debts, e. t. c. are excluded.

>how would you tweak the figures/what other investments would /biz/ consider?
>>
>"portioning"
First we need you to type like you aren't an autist.
Are you asking for personal budgeting advice or portfolio diversification advice?
>>
>>1744092
This, since youre excluding bills from it, youre talking about diversification, OP, not diet advice.
>>
>>1744060

If your entire portfolio consists of fixed assets, gold (shit long term investment for anything except storing value), and cash/savings, then you're going to have a really hard time growing your capital.
>>
Diversifying your portfolio is fine, but what you listed is fucking retarded.

Commodities are not investments, they're just gambling for funsies.

40% in cash and bongs is retarded. You only need an emergency fund of X months of expenses, in addition to money required for any copays/deductibles for any insurances. The rest should be invested.

Someone like you should just buy 90% VTSAX and use the remaining 10% for your memes
>>
>>1744060
You mean diversifying your portfolio to mitigate risk?

If you have enough capital and can afford to, of course, why wouldn't you. I think the ratio is normally no more than 20% of your capital per investment.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.