[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to make guaranteed profits when trading forex,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 8iDQlrk.png (641KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
8iDQlrk.png
641KB, 600x726px
Is there any way to make guaranteed profits when trading forex, even if its just a small amount?

Say for instance I see a certain currency that isn't too volatile trading around 1.06500 and I place an order to buy at 1.06550 and to sell at 1.06580 making a profit of $30-$45, AND also place an order to sell at 1.06450 and make a profit at 1.06420 for $30-$40?

Anything like this I can build on? Or is guaranteed profit impossible? Does this method at least improve risk of loss?
>>
>>1741748
You only get one sell order at a time for the value you're selling, What you're describing is having two simultaneous sell orders (specifically a stoploss and a limit sell), and is impossible. If what you describe was possible, then everyone would do it.
>>
You can in theory trade with very Iow risk, but the Iower the Iots for each trade the Iower the earnings are, and for each Iot they take commisions, but you can stiII earn a decent amount pretty safe, but there are countIess of hours of research and Iearing before you can start predicting the market charts.
>>
>>1741748
The only workaround I can see for this is building a bot that can automatically buy and sell in the manner you've described. It'd be extremely difficult to create, but you'd be guaranteed millions, maybe even billions from Goldman Sachs if you could code it.
>>
>>1741748
Wtf am I reading?

Your strategy seems to rely upon knowing exactly when the price will move and the direction it will move in. If you have the power to see into the future you should be making a hell of a lot more than $30-$40
>>
>>1741762
No, what I meant was buying once it hits 1.06550 to make a profit, and just in case it goes down instead of reaching that, I place anow order to sell in case it drops from 1.06500 to 1.06450 and take a profit around 1.06420
>>
>>1741798
I place *another order
>>
>>1741786
My strategy relies on placing 2 orders. One to automatically buy IF the price raises (eg. price is around 1.06500, the order automatically buys at 1.06520 and sells around 1.06550) OR if it drops (eg. price around price is around 1.06500, the order automatically sells at 1.06450 and takes profit around 1.06420) I can always cancel the order that doesn't activate. If the price goes up, I cancel the selling order. If the price goes down, I cancel the buying order
>>
>>1741765
Your fucking L key broke?
>>
>>1741748
>trading around 1.06500 and I place an order to buy at 1.06550 and to sell at 1.06580
except that 1.06510 turns out to be a major resistance level, or it happens to coincide with a news announcement and this shit reverses on you hitting your stop in about a minute in a half because you completely ignored price action and fundamentals
>>
>>1742611
>hurr hurr hurr hurr hurr hurr HUURRRRR
>>
>>1741844
So you either want to buy low and sell high, or sell high and buy low (presumably short-selling?).

Sure, you can use such a construct, but why on Forex specifically? And why do you think it would give you guaranteed profits? You buy at 1.06520, at 1.06530 the trend reverses and goes down to 1.06480. Where's your guaranteed profit? Or you short-sell at 1.06450, at 1.06430 the trend reverses and goes up to 1.06510.

Sure, you can attempt to profit from the currency going either way, but with the automatic closing orders all you do is keep the same risk that the trend might reverse before you cash out and add a cap on your profits on top. I doin't get the logic behind that.
>>
>>1743096
What if I were to reduce pips down to 2? Sure it's still not a guarantee but it cuts down the risk by a sizeable amount? Doesn't take long so allows me to place a few orders in short succession and I'm done for the day
>>
>>1741748
>>1744596
maybe do "one cancels the other" order-
http://www.babypips.com/school/preschool/how-to-trade-forex/types-of-orders.html

only way to find out if it works would be to try it on demo and see what happens
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.