[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

A criminal scumbag broke into my shitty ford focus, damaged it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: the career of subhumans.jpg (51KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
the career of subhumans.jpg
51KB, 600x399px
A criminal scumbag broke into my shitty ford focus, damaged it, and stole some stuff. I have insurance but the deductible is high and it will suck to pay that much.

I'm in the middle of moving and I had all kinds of stuff in there (I think he noticed that and that's why he targeted my car) but it looks like he only took at most $50 worth of stuff (misc. electronics and accessories) and left the rest. I filed a police report but told them I haven't figured out everything that was stolen yet. They said I can call back when I do a full inventory. It sounds like they will take my word for it and won't send an officer to investigate/report. However an insurance agent will come and inspect the damage.

My question is, is it wise or unwise to accidentally exaggerate how many things were stolen, which would coincidentally result in a smaller deductible from my pocket? Insurance said they will only ask for receipts if the value of stolen goods is higher than the deductible. But is there a decent risk of screwing myself over?
>>
The only way I can think of is if they actually catch the guy and recover some of my stuff, but not the stuff I exaggerated. Or if they recover, for example, my mp3 player and find out it's a cheap Sony player when I told them it was an Ipod touch.

We have no description of the suspect, no witnesses no videotape. The cops don't sound like they will run any investigation, but they might match my claimed items to something they recover. So his arrest is unlikely but what if it happened?
>>
>>1740575
It's not worth the effort put the energy into working towards your mission instead it will generate more money then 50 bucks + repairs.
>>
>>1740584
I get you, but is it that much effort to misremember that I had an extra mp3 player, camera, or watch etc than I really did? Not looking for $600 in claims but maybe an extra 200 would hypothetically be nice.
>>
>>1740594
Dont forget about these goldbars you keep in your car
>>
>>1740572
If it's expensive you'll have to show proof of purchase
>>
>>1740602
how expensive? $100?
>>
>>1740572
They are really likely to ask you for receipts.
electronics could be harder to fraud, because receipts are often nominative. But you can inflate your loss saying he stole you clothes, or something like that and easily use friend's bill for proof. The harder part is to have friends.
>>
>>1740572
>>1740620
And they are not likely to find him. Maybe with something a bit traceable... an expensive computer, a limited series watch. But actually they will not put any effort in that.
Police are just an authentication service for thief and stolen goods for insurance companies, most of the time.

So just look for receipts you can get an hand on, from your mom or friends or whatever, that you can pretend is yours. Just don't get something too big. And get some of your money back.
>>
>>1740620
>electronics could be harder to fraud, because receipts are often nominative.
Well what happens when I claim a modest amount of electronics and say I don't have receipts because I'm not an autist that hoards everything? Some of the stuff that he actually took, I've owned for years and the receipts are disintegrated by now.

>>1740623
>So just look for receipts you can get an hand on, from your mom or friends or whatever
But their credit card# would be on that. I should rather look through my files and find my own random receipts because they would be tied to my own credit card, no?
>>
>>1740634
>Well what happens when I claim a modest amount of electronics and say I don't have receipts because I'm not an autist that hoards everything?
I'm not american. Maybe it's different in your country, USA or not.
In France you get almost nothing for thing you claim without receipts, you get some kind of no name Chinese equivalence compensation for your goods, at best. And you get less for each year of owning when you claim it with a receipts. You easily end with 1/3 of the value of your stuff.

>But their credit card# would be on that.
Of course it's better to claim something you bought.
Credit card are never fully displayed on, when they are. But yeah, there is a risk if they launch an investigation on your case, that they understand it's not your credit card.
>>
>>1740572
buy receipts online for expensive not traceable shit like a high capacity flash drive and stuff. phones are a very bad idea computers are not a good idea either. something like a coffee machine in the trunk would be perfect.
>>
>>1740694
Too ballsy for me and I don't have time, I should call them by this afternoon or else it looks fishy. Thanks for the tip about phones and computers. They got serial numbers. Tablets too I guess.
>>
>>1740615
Nah like 500 per item
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.