[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, newfag here. My daughter (minor in the US) got a few thousand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: s.jpg (10KB, 257x296px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
10KB, 257x296px
Hello, newfag here. My daughter (minor in the US) got a few thousand dollars this christmas.

I would like to create a trading account for her and have her invest in something like google or apple and leave the money there till she goes off to college. Does this make sense and what would be the proper way to do this? Can I just go to Fidelity and create an account for her? What are the tax implications?
>>
>>1738243
fucking gay retard tying your daughters college fund to the fate of a couple of shitty companies run by kikes on the west coast
>>
I believe trade king has pretty minimal fees if you're just looking for an online trading platform. You get taxed the same way you would as someone who is self employed (think 1099) on investments. I'd suggest investing in mutual funds or index funds rather than single stocks if you're just doing a "watch it grow" approach.
>>
>>1738243
Just invest it in an ETF if you're going to be boring old dad.
>>
just sell her virginity to an old kike
>>
>>1738259
Trade King also routes to preferred exchanges in exchange for kick backs.

So if you want potentially shitty fills go ahead. Or stick with one of the big 5 discount brokers
>>
>>1738255
pretty much, how bad can that be on a ten year span right? Remember, I am comparing this to just putting it into a savings account for college which will kill her scholarship and financial aid applications.

>>1738269
>ETF
this sounds great! thank you, definitely going to read up on this.

>>1738277
fidelity it is then, thank you
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.