[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be self-employed in Europe >generate 12,500 Euros per

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>be self-employed in Europe
>generate 12,500 Euros per month in revenue (so raw incoming money)

How much should I be spending on my house every month?

About 50% of the house would be entered as a business expense (home office).
>>
>>1736509
Depends on where you live and how big the house is, your wants and needs.

Do you want a big house or something simple?

Do you have a family?

Do you plan on renting it out after its payed off or something similar?

Are you interested in a larger house so you can write off more of the expense for your business?

These are all good questions. The world may never know.
>>
>>1736531
Just wondering about a ballpark proportion.

Business expenses are how you avoid paying taxes, and a house is a business expense that doesn't lose value.

I have virtually zero other business expenses.
>>
>>1736509
which country ?
what part of this income do you declare to your fiscal authority ?

you might want to optimize your fiscal situation depending on your income provenance
you should really consult with an accountant and a tax lawyer if you're making this much per month. they will help you keep the largest amount away from the tax man
>>
>>1736536
Belgium.

>what part of this income do you declare to your fiscal authority ?
All of it, not sure what you mean.

>you should really consult with an accountant and a tax lawyer
They're saying "more expenses".
>>
>be self-employed in Europe
>generate 12,500 Euros per month in revenue (so raw incoming money)

What do you work in?
>>
>>1736551
There's actually two of us, me and my wife, making that figure combined.
Thought this would be a simpler way of presenting it.
>>
>>1736542
>>1736542
we're gonna need more information on your business then.
spending money as a business is literally the easiest thing you can do.
I'm not familiar with belgian tax law, but i'm pretty sure there's a list of widely accepted business expenses in the eyes of your fiscal authority
find it and abuse the shit out of it

quick google search and I found this :

- http://www.belgium.be/fr/impots/impot_sur_les_revenus/societes/avantages_fiscaux

just think about what you need in your daily life and you will most likely find a way to pass it as a business expense

taking a client to a fancy restaurant with nice wine ? Business expense.
New furniture for your house ? Business expense.
Need a new computer ? Business expense.

there's also business CC and advantages that come with them
>>
>>1736555
I've been self-employed for about 10 years now, there's very little I can enter as expenses.

Computer, car, desk, MAYBE a nice pen or something.
And even all of that only gets partly written off, because it can be used personally too.

And none of those things go up in value over time, a house does.
>>
>>1736561
what are you asking for then ?

Do you expect a bunch of memecoiners NEET to advise you on the extremely difficult subject that is business taxation ?

I doubt there's anyone on here that could provide you with actual useful advice on belgian taxation, which is why you should discuss those subjects with your attorney or your accountant.

There's always the option of stepping into the grey zone and getting into offshore banking and corporate hedging, but I won't advise you on this and it's up to you to find a competent attorney in that subject.
>>
>>1736566
How much of one's income someone in my situation should be spending on real estate which is half business expense.
>>
>>1736569
Up to as much as you legally can write off, it's not that difficult.

keep in mind that fiscal authorities DO NOT want you to be able to write off everything. tax laws are written so that you pay globally the same amount of tax as a single employee business owner than if you were employed (tax consolidation principle), without the write-offs (obviously)
>>
>>1736566
>>1736577
I don't really want advice on taxation as such, just what others think is a reasonable proportion of income to spend on your house/home office.

Literally everyone who ever owned and operated his own business from home has had this subject come up at some point.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.