[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a job interview the other day for a position as a Copywriter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1380853251717.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1380853251717.gif
957KB, 500x418px
I had a job interview the other day for a position as a Copywriter and the company liked me enough to give me the opportunity for a second interview. I interviewed with HR the first time, but now I'm interviewing with someone from the copywriting department. Trouble is, I've never been this far along in an interview process.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should expect from a second interview? I feel like I covered a lot of my skills/credentials in the first interview so I'm not really sure if I should expect anything different.
>>
>>1734457
Do you have writing samples to provide?

I've worked as a copywriter before and often times they ask for samples or give you a writing/editing test.
>>
>>1734469

I provided writing samples before my first interview, so we talked about those already.

The interview process is three-pronged, and this interview will be over the phone since I don't live in the area of where the job is.
>>
Hey man do you have some tips to get into this stuff, who does your writing sample look like?
>>
>>1734457
>Does anyone have any advice on what I should expect from a second interview? I feel like I covered a lot of my skills/credentials in the first interview

You'll cover it a bit more in depth in your 2nd.

Also, for experienced guys, YOU should be the one asking question in the 2nd interview... what type of work will you be doing? what type of teams? what's the project?

This not only shows you know what you're doing, but also that you are making sure you find the right company/work culture for you.

This is a important criteria for experienced and desired workers who have the ability to choose the work cultures they join. And employers can sense this...
>>
>>1734457
If you don't get the job, I will pay you $15 an hour to proofread some press releases and marketing material.
>>
>>1734950
Sounds too good to be true desu.
>>
>>1734943

I've already looked at the editing manager's LinkedIn and am formulating questions based off of that and some other advice. I'm just not sure if the interview is going to be straightforward like the HR interview or if I'm going to be thrown curveball questions designed to catch me off-guard. I've had that happen to me before in interviews.

>>1734929

I actually work in Ad Tech right now (I got my current job because of who my father is within the company and that's why I'm trying to leave). What I did in the meantime was I took a gig writing for a small auto racing website for free and wrote an entire year's worth of material.

My best advice would be to not only write as much as you can, but try to hitch your wagon to a blog or website that you don't personally own. It gives you a little more legitimacy since you're adhering to set guidelines: In my case, it was "Write once a week and write in AP style"
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.