[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a bunch of fastfood places hiring near me. Should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

There's a bunch of fastfood places hiring near me.

Should I apply? I'm a NEET
>>
Go ahead. Just know that you make less money in 10 years than I make in 1 in my second year out of college working for Goldman Sachs.
>>
>he wants to be a wagecuck, and abandon the NEET life of luxury
>what does he mean by this?
>>
>>1733511
the ole "I'm gonna be an investment banker at Goldman because i went to uni meme"
GPA and Uni
>>
>>1733514
It's not very luxurious.

I have no money for anything I want to do. My parents yell at me on a nearly regular basis about finding a job.

I have no future and I'll need a job at some point anyway
It really isn't all it's cracked up to be.
>>
>>1733537
just take the job and work your way up to management. Shift manager, assistant manager, general manager, district manager.

you can actually make 6 figures without a degree or experience if you're not a moron. You'll have to pretend you have a passion for burgers and breaded chicken, but people have certainly done worse things for money.

fast advancement assuming you're not an idiot.
>>
>>1733539
True.

I think I may do this but I don't really know how I'd get going on this. How exactly does one go from burger flipper to manager?
>>
>>1733544
>How exactly does one go from burger flipper to manager?
show up for all shifts on time, work your ass off and be happy and polite.

you should make shift manager in months, assistant manager in a year or two, general manager in less than 5 years assuming a large company with over 50 stores, and district manager in 20 years or less assuming you kick ass.

People look at lame jobs and only give lame effort. If you're willing to give even close to 100% they'll train and promote you.

just don't steal, go to work high, or fuck at work.
>>
>>1733548
>show up for all shifts on time, work your ass off and be happy and polite.
>you should make shift manager in months, assistant manager in a year or two, general manager in less than 5 years assuming a large company with over 50 stores, and district manager in 20 years or less assuming you kick ass.

But how???

How does it happen. I mean I'm sure you need to somehow exceed expectations, right? Why would I get promoted just for doing my job?

Wouldn't everyone get promoted then? How about the guy who's job i'll be taking? How does it work dude.
>>
>>1733550
>Why would I get promoted just for doing my job?
most people in fast food don't do their job.

so if you're the guy doing his job and helping others do their job you'll get promoted.

surprised the hell out of me the first time I got promoted in fast food. I thought I was getting fired. Boss asked me how much I wanted to get paid to be a shift manager. I told her to wait a week while I thought about it.

after asking the other shifts what they were making I tripled my salary in a single minute. I told the boss what I wanted and she agreed on the spot. If you're any good they'll pay more than you'd expect. Depends on the chain though. some suck. McD's is pretty bad. Arby's is pretty good. There's lots of stuff in between.
>>
>>1733555
true man

I think i may do that then, seems way better than what im doing now. (Spending all day lounging around, occasionally stealing to make some money to buy things i want and ultimately not going anywhere)

Even if itdoesn't work out how I want at least i'll get some exp and money and meanwhile I'll be applying to way better jobs just to see if i can get in, nothing to lose i guess
>>
bump for others input
>>
>>1733537
My parents give me money, and my mom treats me like a best friend.

Its bretty great. The only reason im getting a community college degree is in case she dies in a car accident or something. My online passive incomes probably wouldnt pay the bills if I were on my own.
>>
>>1733696
Yeah but that's not my experience.

The Duke of West Minister inherited $9 billion too, but what does it have to do with me

Plus i'd rather actually do something than be a leech.
>>
>>1733559
might be a good step to work in a real restaurant. Can pay more, plus if you work in a kitchen you can work your way up to becoming a head chef. I know guys who started as dish washers and now run a kitchen,
>>
>>1733511
fuck off you cock juggling thundercunt, hope you get every type of aids
>>
>>1733507
hys
>>
>>1733507
apply...
Go for McDonalds or an nicer chain like In-N-Out

Pros for McD: It can be a great career, and you will be in the best place to start a real business, that banks are happy to lend too!

Cons: You will serve people you went to school with.

Pros In-N-Out: More pay, better experience, and better customer service training

cons: same as above, work harder
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.