[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an advertising bubble? Somehow the population has been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5362.jpg (365KB, 1242x1829px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5362.jpg
365KB, 1242x1829px
Is there an advertising bubble?

Somehow the population has been tricked into advertising to each other. Anyone with five Instagram followers is constantly shilling weight loss tea, herbal supplements, this or that clothing brand, teeth whitening strips, etc etc.

There must be some monetary incentive for this but I have no clue what it could be.

It seems to me that eventually there will be so many normal people shilling on social media that the companies will see less and less of a return on their advertising dollars and we will all be shilling for seaweed wraps for free
>>
capitalism 101

deal with it commie scum
>>
>>1732047
Where did I advocate for a law against it?

I'm asking for some insight into the phenomenon
>>
It's called 'influencer marketing'. They're being paid.

>be a girl
>follow a well dressed, pretty girl because #goals
>she posts where to buy her outfit with a discount code

And you think this is a bad idea?
>>
Advertising is like a prisoner's dilemma

Both you and your competitors would be better off not spending money on huge ad campaigns, but you do it anyway
>>
>>1732052
I'll talk a little more about it then.

With the advent of the internet, the potential for business has spread wide. We live in a world where you can essentially monetize yourself. With YouTube anyone can be their own director / actor / video journalist, with AirBnB anyone can be a hotel owner, with instagram anyone can be a model like in your example.

There's a new blogging platform called steemit.com which uses the crypto currency Steem. 1 Steem roughly equates to 1 USD.
I've barely looked into it but from what I understand, 50% of what you get awarded for a blog post is money you can award others while the other 50% is money you can convert to cash (you have to convert to BTC first for now).

The blogging site Medium may actually be doing something similar in the very near future
https://blog.medium.com/renewing-mediums-focus-98f374a960be#.hvuwx0486

Exciting stuff.
>>
>>1732328
>with AirBnB anyone can be a hotel owner
This is a good example of what's happening.

Everyone is taking the profits of owning a business without paying the licenses, taxes and fees.

in time enforcement will catch up to the business model and you'll see airbnb and uber and other such shit driven out of business. The people that made money off it perhaps taxed into bankruptcy.

Just like capone, they're going down for tax evasion. This is true of a shitload of online business ideas.
>>
>>1732335
I'm sure Uber and AirBnB are paying taxes. As for drivers and whatever AirBnB calls renters, I think they handle their own accounting and I don't think there's any reason to believe most of them aren't paying taxes.

With the Taxi business, the Medallion (taxi license) has been a racket for a long time. They'd charge Taxi drivers $40k a year to rent a Medallion. That's bullshit, and that's going out the door.

As far as hotel licenses, I think people are capable of using their own discretion as to whether or not they want to use the less regulated market of AirBnB but the reality remains that, at least in my city, the dirtiest hotel costs $95 a night while there are AirBnB homes for $60. I'd wager the homes are a hell of a lot cleaner.
>>
>>1732369
Yes but they aren't (((regulated))) aka paying shekels to the government for the privilege of operation
>>
>>1732318
Advertising is like the prisoner's dilemma only if the same amount of money is spent on the advertisements and the effect of these advertisements on the buyers is exactly the same, it does not apply in the real world.

if there are 5000 instagram accounts with an average of 10k followers each, their ad will reach 50m people
you think the actual company can handle with this competition?
>>
>>1732044
i know dis nigger who make like $1024 per day from his home computer from home. doctors hate him!
>>
>>1732419
How is it even profitable to run those kinds of ads? Like who the fuck pays for that?
>>
>>1732479
Mostly the end user with his bandwidth and power bill. Also a small part gets paid by the advertiser.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.