[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I actually take advantage of all my free time and make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: bBTxSad.jpg (56KB, 382x358px) Image search: [Google]
bBTxSad.jpg
56KB, 382x358px
How do I actually take advantage of all my free time and make myself work hard? For the past year it seems my main hobby is to borrow my mum's car, browse 4chan on my phone, drink tonnes of coffee and do very little work.

It just seems so fucking unbearable to imagine that I am literally paddling in the middle of an ocean of possibilities and reaching any shore will take hours and hours of painstaking paddling. And there's fog everywhere and I'm on my own.

I just feel so cucked no matter what I do. I studied applied maths today because I feel like a cuck for not knowing enough and while doing it I felt like a cuck for not doing something that would immediately lead to money. I feel cucked for sitting at home and I feel cucked being in busy places near Chad and Stacey couples.

I have never done anything outside of a structured environment. I always just follow the path given to me (though I barely did any work near the end of my degree, which was kind of freethinking of me, though mainly due to laziness). I have no patience. Everything seems either too trivial to bother with or immensely frustrating and beyond me.

What is there to do these days? It's either software or finance you are a peon. I am not ignorant. I look at who the successful famous people are. It's the same every time. Either software stuff or VC / hedge fund stuff. That's it.

I just can't be assed. I am lazy. I walked in to the computer science section of a library and saw ten trillion gigantic introductory text books, all for important topics.

People are always out to attack you if you haven't watched that movie or read that book or seen that play. It's all psychological warfare. Starbucks, Coca Cola, McDonalds, these are the most honest organisations in the world today, far ahead of all the universities. They sell you the products and you can judge them how you want and you have no further pressures. Universities are a caste branding system subsidised by the government.
>>
>>1731862
>It just seems so fucking unbearable to imagine that I am literally paddling in the middle of an ocean of possibilities and reaching any shore will take hours and hours of painstaking paddling. And there's fog everywhere and I'm on my own.
t. every neet
>>
>>1731862
It sounds like you're overwhelmed by too many choices and stuck in a rut, unable to start. What you may want to do is sit down with a notebook and do a pro/con list for any careers you're considering. Take a few weeks and do as much research as you can on job requirements, career paths, salaries, and anything related. Then once you've sat down with all the facts in front of you, decide where you want to take your life.
>>
>>1731862
get a job
>>
>>1731905
Yeah, right now I own a small business but I still work 1 day a week at a wagecuck grocery store just to motivate myself and ask

>do I really want to slave away here or continue taking risks to grow my business
>>
>>1731862
Pick a choice. Pursue it relentlessly. Once accomplished, pick another. Guaranteed to work.
>>
>>1731862
>I just feel so cucked no matter what I do. I studied applied maths today because I feel like a cuck for not knowing enough and while doing it I felt like a cuck for not doing something that would immediately lead to money. I feel cucked for sitting at home and I feel cucked being in busy places near Chad and Stacey couples.

We have the exact same problem and I think it might be related to some kind of "secret" megalomania. No matter what we do it doesn't feel like it reaches our expectation and so we end up feeling like we're wasting our time no matter what.

While I am describing this problem in subjective / psychological terms, I'm not sure it may not have a physiological / dietary basis, possibly related to circadian rhythm entrainment and stress levels. (In short: perma, low key anxiety sending signals to our brain that "something" is off or wrong. The only way we know to not have this feeling is mindless pleasure seeking that "takes our mind off" of things.)

I'm now trying to shift to a regimen whereby I eat a quasi paleo diet (The Perfect Health Diet, by Paul Jaminet. Look it up.) and act in such a way that I train my circadian rhythm better. Right now, it means doing "stressful" and cognitively taxing activities early in the day (like applied mathematics) and concentrating on leisurely reading / stretching / meditating in the evening, while using f.lux to control the level of blue light I absorb.

I can say that making sure I get my reading done at this hour has fixed some problems related to a certain unease I used to have related to it. I used to feel that, whenever I was reading, even though the book was fairly heavy (ex: Paideia, by Jeager), that I was basically just wasting time. But now, since it fits better with my circadian rhythm, and since I make sure to get my "stressful" stuff done during the day, and since I have a rational to concentrate my "leisure" time in the evening, I feel as though I am justified in reading while I'm doing it.
>>
>>1731899

This

decide what to do, then break it down into smaller steps, then do the steps
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.