[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey i was offered a shift supervisor trainee role on the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Unknown.png (3KB, 151x86px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
3KB, 151x86px
hey i was offered a shift supervisor trainee role on the other side of the country. is it worth it to move for 15/hr? anyone have any inside knowledge on cvs pharmacy, potential for advancement, corporate culture...? their online reputation for employees doesn't seem THAT great at all... help inform my decision /biz
>>
File: 456456456.jpg (2MB, 2000x950px) Image search: [Google]
456456456.jpg
2MB, 2000x950px
>>1730961
what city?
>>
>>1730967
bay area
>>
>>1730983
15/hr is not going to be a living wage in the bay area
>>
>>1731002
600 week, 20% out of taxes makes 1600 a month, could probably find a shitty room for 600-1000 and make it work somehow, its not like downtown san francisco or anything

part of me thinks i should stay home and expand my job search greatly
>>
any more advice biz? probably grow pot in my 100sq ft apt woohoo
>>
>>1731210
Not to be rude but I'd rather live out of my car and make minimum wage in Alabama or some other shithole then live in SF making 15/hr.
>>
>>1730961
Don't come to Bay Area just to work as wagecuck for a cvs. Not worth it especially in SF. I live in SF and make 80k but still feel like a poorfag
>>
>>1730961

I would not recommend working for CVS, especially the front of store. It is 100% not worth picking up your life and moving across the country for a job with low pay, shit benefits, and almost no room for advancement. Let's say you work your way up from shift to assistant manager to store manager over several years: congrats you are now SALARIED at 45k per year and working 60+ hour weeks.
>>
I worked the same exact position. OP please don't do this
>>
>>1731023
If you make $1600 a month, you do not want to be paying $600-1000 for rent. Plus those prices are already unrealistic for even shared rooms anywhere in the bay area.
>>
I work this job right now. Dont. It's a piece of shit. Ask me anything.
>>
>>1730961
>moving to the opposite side of the country for 15/hr
o btw cvs blows
>>
>>1731216
live in car in this area? probably have to be stealthy...

>>1731242
not in SF, lower COL for sure in this area. Close to SF tho

>>1731399
similar to other stuff i've read online, they actually said verbally I might be able to grab a promotion to op supervisor in 30 days? 36-65k salary, probably higher end because of area, I could transfer to a different school

>>1732324
any way to make it more appealing/ take advantage of the position if I accept? if i could make more money somehow while working, inside secrets or something idk?

>>1732331
yeah it doesn't seem incredibly great, i'm interested in the opportunities for advancement considering i will soon be graduating with my undergrad degree in the industry of healthcare
>>
>>1732324
what made it a piece of shit? could a laid back chill mofo who didn't g a f enjoy the days and take advantage of the wage while using it as a stepping stone to grow in the bay area and develop personally i.e. moving out of rents home?
>>
also any idea /biz/ on how i could argue or negotiate for a higher salary/ what should i negotiate for? already talked to the immediate super for 20/hr and no dice
>>
>>1732420
Managment and corp suck ass.
>>
>>1731023

I have a $1600/m scholarship

I have a tiny ass studio apt for $500 a month
$200 in expenses (gas, water, trash, electricity, etc)

you're gonna have substantial food expenses (at least 300/m, if you're living really frugally, gonna be more like 500, 600) car expenses,, insurance, etc. It's gonna be tight.

an apt for 1k will wreck you, I guarantee you.
>>
>>1732411
>they actually said verbally I might be able to grab a promotion to op supervisor in 30 days? 36-65k salary,
Yeah they tell you that to entice you into a position they have difficulty filling. It's not going to actually happen though.

Wage cucks are so easy to fool.
>>
If you're going to come out to the SF Bay Area, you need to do so at the expectation that you'll make six figures within 2-3 years. Otherwise it isn't worth it. Most starting salaries for grads in this area are around 60-80k, and most are making ~150k by 30-35. You will not be competitive here, and your life will fucking suck. You will literally need to live in the ghetto with roommates just to get by.

I made 70k, 120k HH income in 2016, and it's still hard out here. Luckily I should be at 200k HH within the next 2 years, and even higher within 5. The Bay Area is no joke, if you don't have a solid plan, you're going to go hungry out here.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.