[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup biz, 20 years old with basically no money to my name, trust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 12321654651.jpg (37KB, 967x725px) Image search: [Google]
12321654651.jpg
37KB, 967x725px
sup biz,

20 years old with basically no money to my name, trust fund baby that doesn't have to worry about college debt, live with parents, so no overhead bills like rent or anything besides my phone.

I currently have an associates and plan on getting my bachelor's in business administration and hoping to accept this job as manager in training at my local car wash, with associates and a few jobs in the past I think I'm qualified to get it, they pay 31k-37k a year depending on experience

my plan for my education is to go back to college in the summer with a few online classes to take before I can start my actual BA degree (business writing, accounting, business law, that bullshit) should only take me 2-3 years to get the rest of the hours I need for my Bachelors

I want a good, solid five year plan ahead of me and that consists of staying on and getting this crucial manager experience and come out of school with a bachelor's debt free. by the time I'm 25 I want to have a few years of management under my belt with the degree.

Since I'm not paying for shit besides gas and necessities and whatnot, what's the most effective way of investing this money I will be earning? I've opened a Robinhood account since they offer free commission on the trades, fuck around and put some side money into my Acorns account whenever I can, and plan to open a discount brokerage account (looking at interactive brokers)

I want to start a retirement plan as well, and I hear Roth is the way to go. Once again I don't have much money going to utitilities or rent so I want to dump money into these assets as much as possible for the next few years.

Can some of you bizbros help me out? It will be greatly appreciated
>>
Don't major in business.
>>
>>1723464
FUCK ACORNS!!

FUCK AN IRA

You are 20 years old, you need to be aggressive.
Take the risk now while you can don't go the slow route just yet.
>>
Buy kneepads
>>
>>1723512
Major in accounting or finance
>>
>>1723512
Why not? I plan on minoring in IT or computer engineering as well, in all realness I plan on taking my inheritance from my trust as well as a team of lawyers to my bank so I can get money to start a business. Or be nice and ask for a loan from the bank that owns our trust account, it's more of a local branch as well.

In a perfect world I would like to get fucked by being a business owner who retails in custom computer service & retail shop on a storefront in my fucking small 60k population home town man.
>>
>>1723515
What 'aggressive' route are you shitposting about?
>>
>>1723592
It would be better to major in business technology, and then get a degree in either computer science or mechanical engineering. That way you can come in with those managerial tools they taught you, but you also have a general concept of what is going on in your tech company.
Computer engineering is one of the hardest engineering degrees to get, and therefore has quite the niche crowd. You'd be better off with a degree in ME general studies with no real emphasis or specialties.
>>
>>1723594
You should take an active role in your investing/trading. Don't just blindly put it into some investment portfolio.
>>
Get a commission sales job. Cars, furniture, etc. Learn sales. Dedicate yourself entirely to it. Start teaching newbies. Start doing seminars. Make an information product and market it. Build a brand.

You're in the same situation I'm in. The proven way to building wealth is living off of a single source of income and using every additional source to finance your investments.

Making 12k a month in your twenties is fucking awesome. Especially if it's all going into pocket.
>>
>>1723624
Went to University of Kentucky for one year as a computer engineering major lmao jumped that fucking ship real quick
>>
>degree
>manager in training at car wash
This is exactly why I'm starting my own business. It wasn't like this 10 years ago. Fuck degrees.

Involved in programming now which is much better than my previous field which was IT. Every IT position read like this:

>Bachelor's degree
>On call etc fuck you
>learn 1001 apps
>pee out your ass completing every little detail
>$10 an hour
gee that's slightly more than minimum wage

It legitimately has never been like this before. Fuck degrees. If my business doesn't take off, I'd literally rather put a bullet in my head. If I just get 4 clients I'd be making the same as I do now and only have to work a few hours a week.

A lot of people just to get this sort of position, had to amass $20K+ in debt which is now have interest on the debt. Again, would literally kill myself.
>>
>>1723639
What do you recommend as far as online brokers go for trading? I'm leaning towards TradeKing but apparently they have bad customer service
>>
>>1723664
Good luck to you on your business anon.

>car wash local as fuck
>owners grew up/live/reside in my same town
>5 locations
>tfw opportunity to grow but will always live shit tier life
>>
>>1723666
checkd

what kind of money are you thinking of?

I would suggest starting to put money into robinhood, when you get a good amount in there start looking into a broker that has better executions and better trading tools. Something like an etrade or tdameritrade.
>>
>>1723681
You're right, especially since it's free..

In all honesty I'm not looking to live off of investments right now, buying into something and bagholding like a motherfucker. I don't know I can't even believe I considered to buy btc
>still want a ticket to the moon tho

My biggest concern is learning how to monitor stocks on said trading platform whether it be Robinhood or Etrade, when to buy and sell
>inb4BUYTHEDIP

>>1723666

holy fuck trips get it's a sign, i should stay away from tradeking
>>
>>1723701
I'm currently living off my investment of $7500. Trade with Robinhood, it's pretty clean
>>
>>1723666
Check satan
>>
>>1724095
>>1724156
I'm looking into BSX, anyone heard of it? looks promising
>>
bumperoni
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.