[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /biz/. Been lurking here for the past couple of weeks and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (112KB, 468x385px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
112KB, 468x385px
Hey, /biz/. Been lurking here for the past couple of weeks and just absorbing a lot of what is said back and forth to try and learn a little something. I'll spare the r9k bullshit story but long story short I'm a disabled young guy looking to not be a fucking leech and learn how to invest. I know there are lots of resources out there. That being said, I wanted to ask: For a first-time investor in the stock market or anything else, what books should I read to educate myself? Any youtube series or educational content that you guys recommend I would be interested in at least looking at. For now I'm just sort of looking at miscellaneous online sources. I'd like something a little more concrete that covers investment broadly.

tl;dr what resources would you recommend for a first-time investor to absorb before taking the plunge? Thanks.
>>
I'd also like to add that I've considered taking some classes, but given that my current employment situation has resulted in the OP image, I'd like to consider other options. There's no reason to go to school, in my opinion, for something that can be learned through experience and study.
>>
Good information to give you a good basis for why you need to have precious metals (amongst other things) in your portfolio:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE88E9ICdipidHkTehs1VbFzgwrq1jkUJ

Takes some time and start from the beginning on these.

It is a good foundation from which you can build upon.
>>
>>1723393
Thank you. Been slowly monitoring this thread. I know /biz/ is a slow board so I'll check back. I really appreciate this and any other content you all might have tucked away! I don't expect you to show your hands all the way, but I'd like to know where to start.
>>
>>1723248
I'm a neet here, maybe I'm over thinking...

but...

Don't you need to have capital to invest... All these bitcoin investors buying ".1" bitcoin are plain stupid... most people talking about investing in stocks, are playing with 500$. the people who actually have 20k or whatever amount, actually partially know what they're doing. Though the problem is, if i had 20k or you're another ".1bitcoin to moon" investor.. then.. the advice and what you need to learn is completely different.

If you have 1$ to invest, i'll give you the advice, go make more money, disabled or not, go make more, save more and get back to use when you have some capital. The other issue is, i don't believe you'll ever have the capital to make much of anything. As you said, you're disabled and young, so you're trying to invest long term, which there's not much to be said besides go and hire someone.

If you're trying to be a day trader, you need capital, everyone who says you can be a day trader with some robinhood account with 100$ can go fuck themselves.

Hell, you haven't even gave us a clear goal of what you want to do with investing.

TL;DR
What's your starting capital
Are you meme-ing us?
Short term, long term, meme coins, day trader
Do you genuinely believe you can invest and profit an actual worth while amount compared to working disabled somewhere?

My suggestion, in case i don't check back, is to genuinely grasp the leech nuisance and check the local wal-mart and get hired.

Check the mcdonald down the street and apply online then go there and ask. You, as a disabled individual can get a job guaranteed.

The hour you spend there is going to make you more than the disability check 1% you're going to "invest" if you could even buy anything with that... just not going to happen.
>>
>>1723412
No, I do have a good bit of emergency funds saved up. Since I can't work I've managed to sell the other car while my fiancee and I use our other one. She helps me a lot, but that being said I don't have a total lack of capital. I do have around 1200 saved up I can play with, but if 500 is a good starting amount I'd like to play it safe in case I totally fuck myself. I'm not interested in bitcoins too much but if they're a way to make money I'd be happy to learn.

for your tl;dr:

Starting capital of 1200 USD, but I'd like to start at a smaller amount if possible.

No memes here on /biz/, I'm here for a real reason.

Long term investment. I want to employ myself and be able to eventually invest in a business. I want to be able to start a business, eventually, but be able to not totally fuck myself over like so many business owners do. A local type shop, nothing huge, more a hobby for myself than anything.

I believe that I can make more, yes. I think I have decently good intuition but I'm not educated in this field so I don't want to go dickwaving with my money.

As for your employment suggestions I do make some money. I use an ebay page to purchase old electronics and repair them, before re-selling them. As far as the disability goes, I can walk barely with crutches, so menial labor type stuff wasn't an option, so I learned soldering. I'm able to make anywhere from 50-300 a week depending on the kind of demand I get. I'm also trying to learn how to repair more advanced stuff but that also requires an investment. Between my fiancee and I's funds I think now might be an okay time to invest.

Thanks for your time and suggestions.
>>
>>1723248
open a forex account and trade
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.