[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry if y'all have better things to talk about, but I could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: RohpfMi.jpg (32KB, 481x465px) Image search: [Google]
RohpfMi.jpg
32KB, 481x465px
Sorry if y'all have better things to talk about, but I could really use some advice here.
I'm 19, have a GED, live with my single mother, am seeking to get my driver's license, own a truck,and just started a temporary IT job at my uncle's for 10 dollars an hour for 9 hours a day.
I know next to nothing about taxes, bills, budgeting, or general financial responsibility.
Is there some sort of "How to finance for idiots" guide, or can someone tell me what I can do to acquire financial stability and live on my own? I'm kind of lost as far as where to go from here and what to do with my life. I don't have any interests for college except maybe something involving computers, but the idea of having student dept hanging over my head scares me.

TL;DR: I don't know jack about finances, please help.
>>
>>1723189
Oh boy. Here we go

>Taxes
If youre Uncle is legit and not paying you under the table taxes will take care of themselves. Dont take any deductions on your W-4 (employee tax form) and youll be fine.

This time next year your Uncle should give you a W-2 tax form. Take this, go to Turbotax online, plug in all in info, and youve just filed your taxes.

>Bills / Budgeting
Im assumimg you want the truck BEFORR you move out.

When you get your paycheck, youre priorities are ALWAYS in this order:
>Bills (rent / utilities / insurance)
>Neccesities (gas / food)
>Savings
>Investments (skip this until youre stable)
>Anything else.

Pay for bills ASAP. Dont put them off. Large bills you cant pay in one check, plan ahead for (example, rent is $500 / month and you get 4 paychecks / month, you NEED to be setting aside $125 / week and not touching it)

The less you spend on unneccessary things, the more you money you can save, the sooner you can get your truck.

>Buying a truck
If you can, save up and pay cash. Unless you have a trusted mechanic, buy from a dealership and not a private seller (joe shmo from Craigslist). Dont spend over $3000-$4000 on your first car.

If you HAVE to get a loan, DO NOT GO TO A "BUY HERE PAY HERE" DEALER. Their loan will fuck you in the ass. Get a loan from a Credit Union.

Take the paperwork they give you after buying the truck, and go to your local BMV to register it ASAP. Itll probably be a fee of ~$50-$200 but it varies a lot.

Get auto insurance on it also ASAP. Just go on a website (I use Progressive) and punch in its VIN number.

That should get you started. Be careful here on /biz, theres a lot of RPers on here. Crypto will not make you rich, Robinhood is not a career. Dont worry about investing until you have disposable capital
>>
>>1723323
Sorry for typos, typed while working
>>
>>1723323
Top post
>>
>>1723330
> working

OP's goals
>>
>>1723323
Thank you so much, I'll try to commit that to memory.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.