[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What all do you know about opening a business? I'm a serious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

What all do you know about opening a business?

I'm a serious coo/ck/ and have dreamed about opening a business for a long time; I've worked in restaurants for years, and I want to get serious on the /biz/ aspect.

Literature recommendations would be welcome as well as any advice you have about business plans, investors, numbers, etc.
>>
Wrong place mate, we're just armchair businessmen.
Real makers wouldn't be wasting time on a anime imageboard full of depressed virgins who are on the verge of suicide.
>>
Apparently, restaurants are extremely risky due to the location factor.

I'd advise you to set up a catering or contract chef, or hired cook service instead. That way you won't depend on street traffic. You would also require less capital to get started - maybe a van and a set of cooking implements, etc.
>>
>>1723108
Just know the restaurants are the worst market to get into, but good luck OP
>>
>>1723108
What city are you in? Delivery only restaurants for Uber etc are starting to take off. All you really need is access to a commercial kitchen in a decent neighborhood.
>>
The time for dropshipping restaurants is NOW
>>
>>1723108
I'm sorry /biz/ is actually just another dumb board.

to start up a business you need capital.
to get capital (if you don't already) - you need investors.

investors want to make their money back. so you need profit margins

profit is from good customer traffic. so you need people who'll buy your services.

all this should be in your business plan.

as for the books, look for restaurant specific books, don't bother with the general /biz/ knowledge.
>>
Interesting can you get a loan? google
>>
>>1723176
>as for the books, look for restaurant specific books, don't bother with the general /biz/ knowledge.
Any authors you would recommend? Everyone will have their own ideas about what makes a successful business but not everyone really knows what they're talking about.

>>1723223
I have a couple potential investors including very wealthy family members. I know that I can secure several tens of thousands of dollars in safe investments, but I'm interested in how to find new investors and how to pitch an idea to them as well.

Really any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.