[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently got into an argument about the relationship between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: economics5.gif (7KB, 302x223px) Image search: [Google]
economics5.gif
7KB, 302x223px
I recently got into an argument about the relationship between supply and demand. My argument was that the demand for illegal goods was fueling the expansion of the supply of those illegal goods, and the other guy said my economic literacy was that of a woman. Does my point stand or am i wrong?
>>
>>1721772

Demand for any good fuels the supply of any good. You're both fucking morons
>>
sounds pretty standard. If there were no demand there would be no need to increase supply.
Illegal goods arent comprised finite materials in this world so of course others are going to try and increase the total supply to reap the reward of inflation due to current demand
>>
>>1721772

Drugs are a good with an inelastic demand so druggies need their drug for any price. The extreme demand will drive up the supply. You are correct
>>
I never really understood this whole "demand creates supply" vs. "supply creates demand" argument.

Looking at the model, if demand shifts right, it will be profitable to create more supply. If supply shifts right, people at the margin who valued the item less than the old equilibrium price will be enticed to buy.

I have never been able to come to grips with the idea that one and only one influences the other.
>>
>>1721867

do you need this explained in terms of coconuts?
>>
>>1721874
I agree with him, it's weird to say that supply is "caused" by demand and vice versa. If there is a demand for a product, say coconuts, then coconuts will be sold, but they already existed. In other words: Moving the demand-curve doesn't move the supply-curve.

Then again, if there is a large demand for coconuts then people could invest money into the growth of more coconut-trees, which would increase the supply, but you could make a similar argument about how supply causes demand.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.