[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello smart people of /biz/. Why the fuck can't I win money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (100KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
100KB, 700x700px
Hello smart people of /biz/. Why the fuck can't I win money from online poker? Are any of you successful players who sucked at the beginning and had to deal with people calling you a degenerate gambler? Please tell me your fucking stories. If you failed stfu and gtfo, I need to delude myself into thinking this is possible. Any tips you wanna share would be greatly appreciated.
>>
poker with the tip ;)
>>
>>1718437
faggot i need actual advice take your sex jokes to /b/
>>
One word, collaboration
>>
>>1718449
what does that mean?
>>
Two or more players work together. You share the pot, effectively making you twice as rich in the start of the game. Then you also share what cards you have to each other. This is strictly illegal but impossible to control in online poker.
>>
>>1718480
This sounds good, Where do i find people willing to do that though? I feel like I can't just ask people, hey wanna help me cheat a bunch of people outta their money online.
>>
Read books on online poker. Start on low limit tables. Quit for the night if you stop acting mathematically and start chasing a rush.

Best way is to win satellite tickets in freerolls. Little risk for a beginner
>>
>>1718540
I usually play 100$NL Hold 'Em. Freerolsl always feel like a waste of time cuz you got all these fuckheads who shove all in at the beginning with nothing. I should think, well that makes it easier for people who actually know how to play like me, but its not that simple.
>>
>>1718540
what books would you recommend though?
>>
>>1718424
I have a mate that used to play online full time for a living. He cashed out about 3years ago telling me that there was not as much 'dumb money' and basically he would wait untill poker becomes a fad again to take advantage of the donks.
>>
>>1718581
Dave Ramsey has some good ones
>>
Yes I was shit and now beat it, something I wish I'd known is some micro stake formats are almost unbeatable and it's actually easier to move up to atleast low.
I only play sng's though, hu mostly and some 6max. Some stuff that helps me win now that I didn't know before..

ICM, most players at micros dont know this, worth just learning general bubble scenarios like big vs middle vs small stacks etc.. dont need to learn specific icm values, you get a feel over time. This also includes nash ranges

Notes, I basically just have notes telling me ranges for BB levels and what they shove etc..

Cascade dont tile, tiling is for plebs..

Study, get pt4 or hem and query the db, see where youre losing money

Sharkystrator for mid stake sng's+ (stt) a must.

Gl ask any questions if you like.
>>
>>1718610
I usually play 6max cash games. How much have you made doing SnG?
>>
>>1718680
6max cash isn't something I'd play starting out desu, you need a real strong post flop game which is the hardest area to learn and improve. Last year my total profit was just under $3k including rakeback, if I hadn't have tried the 15's wouldve been closer to 5k. I can only give advice for SNG's but if you wanna earn money nowadays you need to grind hard, at the lower stakes work your way up, when you buy into a tournament you have to think, whats my edge, how much will I lose to improve my hourly, how many people worse than me are there. You might like the 180mans on stars? The $2.50 ones are like 30% reg 70% fish and some of the fish are very bad in those, probably get 6 or 7 tables going easy.
>>
>>1718610
This guy knows what he is talking about

I used to be a pro, but quit because the games got too hard.

The key to winning is bankroll management (have 30 buy-ins for the stake you are playing), pokertracker HUD info, and asking yourself "what's my edge? Specifically how am I beating the players at this table?". I was able to admit to myself that the playerpool had toughened to the point where it was very very difficult to get any realistic edge, even for the best players, so I quit.
>>
>>1718424
It's too competitive now. At least you came up with something not bitcoin or affiliate marketing related.
>>
>>1719284
what games did you play? Being willing to change format is getting more important in online poker, I know loads of 7's regs have migrated to the spins and getting pretty decent results at similar buyins, which many thought hard to impossible.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.