[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't it such bullshit how the credit system works? You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 20161228_100738.png (732KB, 1440x1417px) Image search: [Google]
20161228_100738.png
732KB, 1440x1417px
Isn't it such bullshit how the credit system works? You have to stay pretty steep in debt to obtain good credit.
>Be 25 y/o
>Have credit card
>Have credit builder loan
>Credit card utilization <15%
>Pay credit card bill and loan payment early
>Credit score drops 8pts from 702 to 694
>FUCKING REEEEEE open accounts bullshit
Anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>1716637
Nope; I pay off everything every month, and the last time I checked, my score was 916.

What else did you do that you aren't mentioning?
>>
>>1716637
Also, inb4 r9k
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-19-17-56-05-1.png (595KB, 1440x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-19-17-56-05-1.png
595KB, 1440x800px
>>1716655
Granted, my credit history is only about 6/mo long, but I've been paying everything early. This is the first time this has happened. Using credit karma, btw.
>>
>>1716637
Yes, but to a larger degree. This is going to sound like a humble-brag, but when you're quite wealthy its difficult to maintain a good credit rating because I don't use credit very often. My mortgage was paid off long ago, and I pay cash for my vehicles and major purchases. Whatever goes on my card gets paid off in-full every month.

As a consequence, I don't need or have multiple credit cards or open accounts. So my "number of accounts" and "average utilization" is extremely low.

The only good part is that my "average account age" is quite high because I've have the same card forever. And I don't get dinged for hard-inquiries or new accounts because I don't need to open new credit.

I suppose I really shouldn't care since I don't really need a good credit score at this point, but yes, OP, you are correct that there are some perverse elements of the scoring system that punish you for being financially responsible.
>>
Credit score general?

Anyone have a screencap of the really long post by the namefag Le_Sheng (or whatever the fuck his name was) that showed how credit works?

Where the fuck has he been anyway?
Asking him if he was Chinese was my favorite /biz/ meme
>>
You get higher credit score for lower credit utilization you dingus.

You should never carry a balance.
>>
Off topic but what would you do with a good credit score ? Can you get multiple CCs and encash it through some online wallet like netteler ( idk many)

Would you encash 50k like that if you could and leave the country ?
>>
>>1716670
Yeah, i mean it's not bragging if you're just telling it how it is. Anyway, i understand that, that's why my credit history is short at this age, because I'm a traditional sort of dude and i don't but shit thati can't pay for, and never have. Though i realize i need it to get something like a house and vehicles (paid cash for my truck). Just such a fucking mood killer that when you realize you aren't paying the credit union or bank what they want in interest because you kill that shit early, they punish you for it. TL;DR I'm just bitching

>>1716671
Sure Creditscoregeneral
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (40KB, 967x561px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
40KB, 967x561px
>>1716708
The good new is you don't have to engage in foolish credit practices to eventually get a good credit score. It just takes time and some strategic moves along the way.

The bad news is by the time you get there, your good credit score may not be as important anymore because you won't need to finance everything.
>>
>>1716667

Don't use credit karma. It's inaccurate

Your score is only half a year old. It will improve naturally within 2 years

There is very little functional difference between scores after you reach 730.
>>
>>1716722
The crazy thing is, it's like they wantyou to make shitty moves to obtain a good score, (open up more credit accounts).

>>1716732
I hope so, cause i know I'm on top of my shit.
>>
>>1716667

>6 months

That explains it. I maxed out at around 700 with similar credentials. A couple of months ago would've been when the accounts turned 2 years old and that's when I got about a 30+ and most big bank credit cards sending preapproval apps and offers.

I think the score sometimes is a wolf in sheepskin because you can get a huge credit line increase if you have low utilization. The idea is that there's psychology in play in that when we're given a large credit line we spend more on the card giving them a chance to collect interest or just swipe fees from the stores. The low credit utilization likely means they'll be able to pay and you don't have people bankrupting left and right which looks bad on the financial system.
>>
File: .png (22KB, 898x257px) Image search: [Google]
.png
22KB, 898x257px
>>1716722
>tfw dropped almost 30 points after getting my third mortgage
feels bad, man.
>>
It's a fucking joke to get a good credit score. I have a 800 credit score and literally only use credit cards and pay it off through autopay. Never had any other type of loan.
>>
>>1716702
Can you faggots tell me if I can use multiple CCs to get cash like loading online wallets and then transferring it to an overseas bank.
>>
>>1716732
>Don't use credit karma. It's inaccurate
No it's not. It's exactly what they say it is, which is your Vantage 3.0 score.

There are many credit scores, and different places use different ones. Many still use FICO scores, but that's far from universal. Auto lenders, for example, have always have their own scoring system. Indeed, there is no "TRUE" FICO score, because FICO describes a model of which there are several versions and revisions so you can get different FICO scores based on different FICO models.

CreditKarma does a good job telling you what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong. It also does a good job showing you how things change over time.

If all you care about is getting a FICO score, there are sources available. Vantage is a good approximation of FICO, but its just silly to say that one is more "accurate" than any other.

>>1716766
Shut up fag. The /criminal general/ is elsewhere.
>>
>>1716637

What do you want a "credit score" for anyway?
>>
>>1716796
You sound so naive you silly faggot how is conning the banks who are the biggest Ponzi schemes going around a crime ?
>>
>>1716766
You really think you're the first person to think of that? Like CC companies didn't think of that shit 30 years ago?
>>
>>1716810
Yea so imma cash out these cards through let's say netteller and then transfer to another country bank account.

What's wrong with this plan ?
>>
>>1716823
And then what will you do?

Claim that you were robbed, and the cards stolen?
Just not pay the bill?
Declare bankruptcy?
>>
>>1716827
You didn't read my initial post did you faggot ?

Imma planning on moving to another country and have good credit score, anything you can think of ?
>>
>>1716637

>steep debt
>Not just putting a tank of gas on the credit card once a month
>>
>>1716637
W-wait in US you cannot take a major loan without having a history of smaller debts first?
>>
>>1716667
>but I've been paying everything early.
don't ever pay early you fucking moron! pay after the balance is closed! you moron your utilization is 0% if you pay early.
>>
>>1717164

>don't ever pay early you fucking moron!

how, as a society, did we get this c u c k e d?
>>
Is credit score an US-only thing? Who keeps it? It all seems pretty bizarre to me.
>>
>>1716800
you must be 18 to post on this site
>>
I'm a good goy. I paid Wells Fargo $4,000 in interest last year for EMT mortgage.
>>
never had a credit card
44yo medic
the bank complains all the time that i NEED to rack up credit so they can score it
but i dont care what they want. all the bad loans they make are their own fault
>>
>>1716766
>>1716796
>>1716918
Yeah its possible but you have to be prepared to sacrifice.

Dont even attempt this before securing citizenship in another country + trusted contact which can store the money you send then give you the cash (anything you store in bank under your name will be seized).

If you are ok with never ever returning on US soil neither using banks then godspeed.
>>
>>1716637
If you pull the levers then you run the show.

Its that simple really.
>>
>>1717204
you lose all benefits of a good cashback card for one if you pay early or overcharge.
>>
>>1717218
No it isn't a US only thing. Many 1st world countries do have some kind of creditworthyness check service for private loans.
>>
It's the other way around for me, the more money I save the more they up my loan/credit limit even though I've never used my credit card for more than $50 or taken a loan. They've been doubling it each year to try to seduce me but joke's on them, I'm into them and their Jew attempts to enslave me through debt.

>Never take a loan unless last resort in an emergency scenario
>Never spend money in anything and other than the essential
>Save and keep an eye out for investment opportunities
>Live by delayed gratification
>Aim to work for yourself not others
>>
>>1717841
you are probably mistaken, they increase their offers based on your income (and existing credit rating and debt history), they usually give zero fucks about your savings or assets on a cc offer.
>>
File: 1348387008099.png (466KB, 599x598px) Image search: [Google]
1348387008099.png
466KB, 599x598px
>>1716637
My bank said I had one of the best credit scores she'd ever seen

>mfw she wants the dick
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.