[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait, so bitcoins isn't insured by the federal government

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170106_011707.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170106_011707.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
Wait, so bitcoins isn't insured by the federal government like my bank account is? Someone could just come by and hack it all to zero? And it isn't easily convertible to Fiat currency?

What's the point again?
>>
>>1715730
It's for NEETS, criminals, and the Chinese.

Only two of those are making any money, I'll let you pick for fun.
>>
>>1715730
>Fiat currency
Bitcoin is by definition a fiat currency. And stop saying 'fiat currency' you and the rest of your libtardian friends don't know shit about economics.
>>
File: fiat.jpg (10KB, 195x195px)
fiat.jpg
10KB, 195x195px
>>1715845
fiat is by definition fake stuff right?
>>
>>1715730
>IT'S THUH FYOOTERR
>>
>>1715730
>What's the point again?

Just google it or something and stop wasting our time
>>
>>1715730

No. No. No.

Changing the world for the better.
>>
>>1715730
Anonymouse
>>
File: ivesknows.jpg (26KB, 450x339px) Image search: [Google]
ivesknows.jpg
26KB, 450x339px
>>1715730
The point is to teach the noobs that fiat patty cake is over.

They got to live the entire existence of what the dollar created in less than 8 years.

What lesson was to be learned?

Silver and Gold.
>>
>>1715730
sounds like a nocoincer is COPING
>>
>>1715897
Show some data bitch you fucking shill.
>>
>>1715902
I can't help if you failed the sim.

China = lady in red

No need to get all emotional on us.
>>
>>1715845

>fiat (noun): a formal authorization or proposition; a decree

BTC is not a fiat currency, nor can more of it be created on a whim like fiat currency can.
>>
>>1715933
I like this one better:

an arbitrary decree or pronouncement, especially by a person or group of persons having absolute authority to enforce it:

Fits better
>>
>>1715730
>Someone could just come by and hack it all to zero?
Nope.
They can hack your computer. But if you store your bitcoins in a cold wallet, the chances of being "hacked" are essentially zero - less then your online banking account being hacked(which isnt covered by FDIC.)
>>
>>1715948
The price will be hacked to zero

It has already started
>>
>>1715948
Is a cold wallet like putting it on a USB drive? What if you lose the USB drive or your house burns down or something? What then?
>>
File: mirror.jpg (127KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mirror.jpg
127KB, 500x375px
>>1717328
A cold wallet is like taking your imaginary ones and zeros and putting them on a piece of paper.

A promissory note of a promissory note of a promissory note.

Wealth thrice removed.
>>
File: derper.png (83KB, 197x186px) Image search: [Google]
derper.png
83KB, 197x186px
Bitcoin is objectively superior to fiat in every way.

The only category in which it 'loses' to fiat is adoption, but that can be changed.

>inb4 nocoiners nocoinsplaining
>>
>>1717330
What if you lose that piece of paper? How is the value inherent in the numbers or whatever written on paper?
>>
>>1717393
If you lose it then you don't have it
>>
>>1715730
You type like a third worlder. Go die in a fire pajeet
>>
>>1715942

I suppose that is the better definition.

I pump and dump BTC most of the time and only "hold" one. I then pay for silver and gold in BTC at Provident or some other site that takes BTC, and then put the left over BTC in my bank account as cash.

Worked well so far.
>>
>>1717393
get a load of this guy, he wants a currency that when he loses it, he still has it, you're pretty biased against bitcoin aren't you dumbo

nothin personnel, kid ;)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.