[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is up with the lack of whistle blowers and snitches in business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 101620307-Untitled-2.1910x1000.jpg (263KB, 1910x1000px) Image search: [Google]
101620307-Untitled-2.1910x1000.jpg
263KB, 1910x1000px
What is up with the lack of whistle blowers and snitches in business?

Let's take the companies Google, Amazon and Facebook as examples.

Google and Facebook are obviously mining and selling their users' personal data and Amazon is using monopoly price tactics to drive out competition. There must be some people in the company who know all about this, if no one else then the people who are doing the programming must know about it, data mining and selling data in Facebook and Google's case, I'm sure that Mark, Larry, Eric and Sergey don't do much programming at their companies anymore if at all. And the people looking at the competitions' products' prices and setting Amazon's products' prices lower than theirs in Amazon's case.

What is stopping those people from snitching? High salaries? What would a programmer or someone who knows what's going on be making in such cases? Those people can blackmail the owners, and if the owner doesn't comply they can snitch and if he fires them they will surely snitch. What should the people in charge do in such cases?

All this reminds me of the movie The Insider, even though the tobacco industry threatens the man with death in it, he still blows the whistle. What's stopping that from happening now?
>>
They kill people who speak out.
>>
>>1713451

It's easy to keep your mouth shut when you're living like a king and your company's culture convinces you everything is okay.

That Snowden guy was living in Hawaii earning over $200k a year for an easy job working from home on his computer.

If I was Snowden I prob would have kept my mouth shut. Like people don't already know the government spies on fucking everything.
>>
>>1713451
I thought everything you pointed out was public knowledge already?
>>
>>1713451
Everybody in the business is getting rich off it. Why would they blow the whistle?
>>
>>1713451

>What is stopping those people from snitching?

What is there to blow the whistle on? What evidence is there to suggest these companies are doing anything illegal in the realm of personal data?

I'm sure there are some shady, unethical, and illegal practices at Google, Amazon, and Facebook, but "mining and selling their users' personal data" is not one of them. If you don't like these companies selling your personal data, then don't use their products.
>>
>>1713740
I'm saying that they can blackmail their superiors for more.
>>1713750
Most of us had some idea that the government spies on us but there was no evidence to confirm it and it was sometimes even considered a conspiracy theory, then Snowden came.
>>1713754
For more and for other reasons such as ethics and morals.
>>
>>1713775
Im 98% sure this is all already confirmable
>>
>>1713773
>What evidence is there to suggest these companies are doing anything illegal in the realm of personal data?
The evidence hasn't been provided yet.
>If you don't like these companies selling your personal data, then don't use their products.
I have absolutely nothing against these companies, I'm just using them as examples.

I'm not some bleeding heart liberal with something against big businesses or corporations either, I'm just curious about all this.
>>
>>1713775

Some people have so much power its not a good idea to fuck with them.

politicians and business men do have people killed.
>>
All those companies have been 100% clear about what they do. What would anyone snitch on?
>>
>>1713451

Whistle blowing essentially makes you a martyr, which virtually no one will follow through with, even if they strongly believe in it.

Also, this>>1713457

There were three people that died strangely this year that were key players in the Clinton email investigation.

The law and your life literally mean nothing when billions of dollars start getting rustled.
>>
File: 1478660419414.jpg (54KB, 620x765px) Image search: [Google]
1478660419414.jpg
54KB, 620x765px
>>1713451
what do these companies all have in common ? besides jews thats the easy part?
H1B VISA PROGRAMS.
They use foreign coolies specifically because cheaper, but also because less likely to complain or whistleblow. Basically no employee whose residency in the US depends on their employer is going to rat on them.
This is the real reason tech firms prefer pajeets to peters.
>>
They do, except you never hear about it cause news media doesn't pick it up. I've read whistle blower essays concerned people will post on a dozen internet forums trying to get the message out but the reality is no one really cares about some company doing shady business cause all of them do. Just this last week I got a letter from a class action suit cause I was one of 50000 people who had their credit card points stolen by chase bank. They made a quick few million from that but guess what there's almost nothing online about it. Shit companies aren't exactly Edward Snowden cases, and even that everyone has forgotten about.
>>
>>1713900
funny thing is how would you think if you were at the other side of the visa program, and you would see how impossible is for any person to apply through it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.