[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just discovered I've been removed from my business'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1456365583846.jpg (47KB, 464x507px) Image search: [Google]
1456365583846.jpg
47KB, 464x507px
I've just discovered I've been removed from my business' bank account by my partner. Actually, the truth is I let him establish the account while I handled other things in the formative days of the business, and have now found out I was never placed as a signer on the account.
All the money I had in the world is now in an account I have no access to.

Naturally, I am livid. I have not yet confronted my partner (deciding to do so in a calmer state) and my question today is how /biz thinks I should approach the confrontation.

Do I fly out the box with 'Why am I not a fucking signer on the business account' or dance around it a little with 'Have I ever given you reason not to trust me?'

Im just unsure. My partner is very good at dissembling and placating (good qualities when on the same side) and I just needed to ask someone else's advice.
>mfw with the banker
>>
Just ask him to wire you your money, and proceed to cut ties with him.

If he declines, threaten a lawsuit. If he continues to decline, beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>1713408
bite his dick off
>>
>>1713408
If you've NEVER been a signer, maybe he never got around to it. I assume it hasn't been an issue before now. Mention that you noticed it and would like access to business funds in a matter-of-fact way.
His response to that request determines whether or not you get to fly off the rails.
>>
>>1713464
Good advice. Thank you.
>>
>>1713508
dick biting is good advice
>>
>>1713408
First of all, I assume you have structured your business up front with either an LLC partnership or a corporation which states who gets what share of the profits. If not, you're a dummy.

Anyway, just tell him you went by the bank and they said you're not a signer and you need him to go give you access. Better yet, don't even tell him and take his ass to the bank. Just go there, have him come with you, get in line. When you get to the teller say "Yeah, my partner needs to add me as a signer on our business account. He'll give you the info." Hand it over to him and then step back and wait.
>>
>>1713513
>not regularly biting your partner and employees dicks to establish and maintain social order
shiggy
>>
>>1713508
That's not the best advice unless flying off the rails is your goal? If it is, then you don't need advice for that. If your goal is access to your money then do something like this:

>>1713527
>>
>>1713529
Shit, why didnt I think of that
>>
>>1713532
I never said flying off the rails was the intention, merely an unacceptable action at this phase. There's clarification that needs doing.
>>1713527
This is good advice if you're never going to see your partner again. No sense putting somebody you see multiple times a week no the spot like that. I suggest one-on-one discourse. Especially if, like OiDCvawR said, you've structured your business in a way that indicates you get profits.
>>
>>1713408

You are in a delicate situation my friend.

Are you part owner of the business?
What percent owner are you?
Do you have any signed written agreements?
Do you trust him?

So it could be something small and he just forgot to set you up on the account. Or it could be that he believes the business is his and you are just temporarily along for the ride, at which point he'll kick you out and may even take all your $.

If there are thousands of dollars at stake and this guy is a selfish/manipulative person then I hope to God you have a signed written agreement.

A tip to anyone on /biz/ never ever ever ever ever start a business with partners. Make it one owner and employees. It's fine to be owner, it's fine to be employee. But don't do a fucking partnership. It's like 2 people trying to drive a car at the same time.
>>
>>1713408
He can't add you to the account by himself, you have to go to the bank and sign a signature card.

He may just not be aware that he needs to take action, he might not have thought it through if he's unfamiliar with the process.

I'd just ask him to go with you and add you. That's it. Tell him you both need to be there to do it, as this is the truth.
>>
>>1713726
What about Larry and Sergei who started Google together?
>>
>>1713408
Wasn't there just a thread by a guy planning to remove his deadbeat partner? Check the archives pretty sure /biz/ said to just freeze him out and the problem would work itself out
>>
>>1713408
when you ask make sure it is in person not via anything electronic. harder to lie
>>
>>1713741

There are exceptions to the rule.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.