[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't spend my entire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1479221115592.jpg (96KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1479221115592.jpg
96KB, 620x620px
Give me one good reason why I shouldn't spend my entire paycheck on lottery tickets

>$1000 paycheck
>that would get me 100 $10 scratchers
>odds of losing all 100 are VERY LOW
>infinite money almost guaranteed

check mate
>>
>>1712784
There aren't any good reasons? Ever wonder why some people buy so many lottery tickets everyday? Because it's successful. For some people, buying and scratching off tickets is a full time job.
>>
>>1712784
the price of a roll of tickets is 300 for any roll. $1 - $20. you will get as many as it takes to account for that $300. every roll will have winners and losers. some tickets will win $100 some will only be $1. when you flip the ticket over there will be odds saying 3:1 or 5:1. when you look at how many winners per roll vs how many losers per roll you will see these odds are exactly right. and you will systematically lose money until you can no longer afford a roll. youre trying to gamble that within each roll of tickets you have the one outlyer ticket that will net you the big win. Youre better off just gambling a $1 and hoping for the same outcome. the odds are the same and your overall losses will be much lower.
>>
>>1712784
>Buy 100 tickets
>lets say 10% are good
>10 tickets winnings
>5 tickets win $10 each
>1 ticket 15$
>1 ticket $100
>1 ticket $50
>1 ticket 25$
>1 ticket $500
so how much do you net?
5x10+25+500+15+100+50=740 and that is with a generous 10% winning streak
>>
>>1712807
I know because Ive done it. spent 1200 on 4 separate rolls and each time lost 25 bucks until I caught on. When you see that ticket that scratches for 100 you get psyched but when the total winnings for that roll is still less than total spent on that roll you wise up. everyone would do this if it were so simple.
>>
>>1712784
Do it and post results Faggot
>>
>>1712817
>implying I won't win 2k
>>
>>1712855

>>1712845
>>
>>1712784
>Ever wonder why some people buy so many lottery tickets everyday?
Not really.
My city is full of utter morons.
>>
>>1712845
do like this guy
>>1712784
>>
>>1712784
I used to work in a convenience store and this guy used to come in and buy tons of them, he was clearly well off but this must have been his vice. Anyway he used to come in and spend about £30 on them, scratch them in his car and if he won he would come back in and buy more until he had nothing left. Once he bought 100 £2 scratch cards in one go and he won in total like £75, total waste.

But another time this guy came in and he had about 25 £10 scratch cards, 100 £5 scratch cards, 50 £3 scratch cards etc, all winners. He said every 3 months him and 3 friends put about £500-£1000 each into buy a big bundle of scratch cards and each time they've come out with a profit. Maybe its Economics of Scale at work and the other guy was just unlucky.
>>
>>1712807
this.

odds to me are (you VS. house)...3:1 or 5:1 odds means that the house WINS 3 or 5 times for every time YOU win. the game wouldn't exist if YOU could "beat" the house by simply buying in bulk. the odds remain consistent.. doesn't matter the amount.
>>
>>1712886
the odds are generated from the fact that the house must profit.

let's say I started my own lottery, every ticket was $2. I printed a total of 100 tickets. the total amount in prizes will be set BELOW $200, which is what I will earn if I sell every ticket.

I can then give out, say 10 prizes of $10 (not bad for a $2 ticket) however the odds would be 10:1 you'd lose.

you see then, that the instant lotto they've perfected the "algorithm" which humans feel there is an adequate "payoff" for the risk. they cut the margins close as to give the illusion there's a "good chance of winning"! else nobody would play would they?

if there's not a good chance, there's the "minimal risk" for "huge payoff" incentive such as powerball, when a small amount buys you a CHANCE, no matter how small, of something much bigger. but obviously, the probability dwindles to next to zero.

all in all, lotto or gambling is for the bluepilled, unless you're clever enough to devise an equally brilliant system against said house
>>
A fool and his shekels are easily parted
>>
Here's a better idea - why not start a lottery?
>>
I just came to /biz/ for fun, but holy shit you are are mentally retarded. I'm out.
>>
>>1712903
Ive looked into it, they have it locked down pretty hard (legally) to prevent competition.
>>
>>1712845
do it for /biz/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.