[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /biz/, I'm starting a small drop-shipping site. I plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1483329820111.png (917KB, 778x801px)
1483329820111.png
917KB, 778x801px
sup /biz/, I'm starting a small drop-shipping site. I plan on selling office chairs, gaming chairs, swivel chairs and the like. I can make a good margin but how in the fuck do you market office chairs??

>TL;DR Starting dropshipping biz, how 2 advertise products
>>
>>1711234
Make people laugh and make people envious. Are your chairs remarkable? Do they stand out in any particular way?
>>
>>1711237
There are a few super dope ones i was looking at that are modeled after racing seats. Would be pretty easy to target gamers/racing enthusiasts through facebook ads or something and use that strategy.
>>
>>1711245
Or film a thirty second ad with somebody in pads and a helmet holding a disembodied steering wheel as they careen down a steep slope.

Do banner ads for furniture work well? Not many people I know are in the market for hot new chairs. I think a better angle is to convince people their chairs are somehow inferior without insulting their taste.
>>
>>1711234
So they've evolved from selling knives door to door.
>>
>>1711251
Kek'd
>>1711257
Don't knock it bubby I've seen guys take 6 figures selling Kirby vacuums on the bottom of the pyramid
>>
>>1711286
If it's kekable, it's a commercial. End it with a punchline and the guy in a full body cast playing Forza or something.
Or take the "Is your chair ready for retirement?" angle. Maybe have a "Click your age!" ad spoofing the insurance ones featuring a run-down chair with a beard in the middle.
>>
All the advice I've seen on drop-shipping says we want a niche product as opposed to a highly demanded one. (ex. 04 honda civic left rear taillights instead of phone chargers). trouble is most people looking for a product like that go straight to ebay or amazon. I guess I answered my own question there lol. Short of SEO if your product isnt unique enough to draw customers to your website, in the context of dropshipping, online major retailers my be the only option.
>>
Cold call every business in the world

>Hello sir and/or madam, Are you receiving this call while sitting on the fucking floor? Just yesterday this problem has finally been solved, they invented this thing called "a chair" and this will solve all your broken-legs problems
>>
If you're willing to put in the manpower, then what you'll want to do is mutually masturbate with other businesses. A lot of small businesses will like to do that, one of those "I'll put in a good word for you if you put in a good word for me" kind of deals, and that can really go a long way.

Let's say you land a contract where you sell a business office chairs, and as a result, they give you a discount for their service, or, they will push the employees to write favorable reviews on whatever fucking website people are looking at these days. Regardless of quality, people really care about the number of reviews, and its average rating, and will usually stray from anything with less than 100 reviews, or less than 3 stars.

Another thing you can do is personally contact growing blogs/streamers/gamers. It's almost silly in a lot of aspects how easy it is to get dumb kids who are starting a blog, or gaming with tons of viewership, to advertise for your product for dirt cheap. You won't nab anyone famous, but if you can get a good start at recognition that way.
>>
File: anl[1].jpg (73KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
anl[1].jpg
73KB, 550x413px
>Go to random business
>"Hello sir, would you be interested in purchasing my fine Chine- uh..leather office chair? It's made of genuine (p)leather..heheh..And our prices are very competitive!"
>Well young man..You remind me of myself when I was a young boy. I went door to door selling coupons to pay for my grandmother's kidney surgery! You know what? I like your business sense and passion, I'll take one for myself and I'll submit a purchase order for 20 more for all my employees!
>"Thanks sir! Here you go, I hope you enjoy my fine products. We sell gaming chairs as well, make sure to visit my website too!"
>"I will young man, thank you for the chair. I have a lot of work to do and this might do the trick! I love the cushioning on the seat!"
>[3 days later]
>>
File: 1472412173562.jpg (89KB, 1080x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1472412173562.jpg
89KB, 1080x1006px
>>1711251
>>1711343
This.

OP I run a dropshipping store where all I do for marketing is create related FB meme pages and run engagement ads.
So you could do something like office memes/ cubicle memes/ etc.
As long as the content is engaging and you have decent copywriting (sales copy, not legal copy) skills you'll be golden.
I've been open for two months and am now making USD $100+ /day in sales.
It's not great, but $400 a week profit for only one hour of maintenance per day is still better than being a minimum wagie.

Do not underestimate meme power.
It's powerful enough to make crypto millionaires, turn a gorilla's death into a national tragedy, and even make an Oompa Loompa president.
>>
>>1711473
Do you need any help? I've always wanted to write ads. I'll do it for dirt cheap if I get paid in BTC.
>>
>>1711473
That makes sense anon, if you don't mind me asking, what category of products do you sell?

>>1711502
lel if I had BTC I'd be too busy drinking THC laced mojitos on my island, in a fucking baller chair
>>
File: 1483682058112.jpg (9KB, 189x292px) Image search: [Google]
1483682058112.jpg
9KB, 189x292px
>>1711470
>>
>>1711520
I've got BTC, it's just about fifty bucks' worth. Cool thing about BTC is that it's way more divisible than USD. You can have fractions of pennies worth of BTC.
>>
>>1711520
Video game niche.
>>
>>1711581
Is that physical or digital goods?
>>
>>1711470
>not getting put on customer's life insurance policy
c u c k
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.