[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /biz/. As a University student, is a minimum wage part-time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: ZORK.png (184KB, 446x337px) Image search: [Google]
ZORK.png
184KB, 446x337px
Hello /biz/.
As a University student, is a minimum wage part-time weekend job enough?
I live in the Los Angeles county and don't know what to apply to nearby my area that isn't fast food. Three years of working at McDonalds is all the experience I have.
>>
>>1707929
wtf do you mean enough? what is your goal with the part time work? figure that out before you ask a dumb question
>>
>>1707929
What is your degree in?
>>
>>1707959
I'm sorry. Paying for my classes and helping parents with rent.
>>1707965
Computer Information Systems.
>>
>>1707996
that's still too broad, you're not going to be able to pay your classes with min wage part time let alone help with rent as well.

If you want to put a little bit of money towards your classes and a little towards rent, sure it's fine, but you need to be more specific

if you want a higher paying job, idk what to tell you in LA county

here, I would get a job at a warehouse or something part time, they pay $15/hr minimum

look up industrial parks in your area or temp services

might be hard to find something part time but if you look hard enough you can make more than minimum wage

I'm going to be making 19/hr working part time 24hrs a week for 3 years of my bachelors, but I found a really good job
>>
>>1707996
also, maybe you can look into something actually related to your major

warehouses and industrial places do need IT people though, so having your foot in the door as a laborer might not be a bad choice either

every place needs an IT guy now
>>
>>1708007
>>1708012
I'm not very bright, sorry for not elaborating further.
Thank you for the suggestions. May I ask what you work in anon? And how you managed to find that opportunity?
>>
File: 2016_honda_accord_38_1920x1080.jpg (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016_honda_accord_38_1920x1080.jpg
422KB, 1920x1080px
>>1708048
manufacturing, automotive industry. unfortunately i don't think you'll have the same opportunities as you're around LA. Entertainment is the big industry around there, not manufacturing

I'm lucky and I like the work so it's alright
has its pros and cons
>>
>>1708072
That sounds interesting.
Once again, thanks for the tips.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.