[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 21 and my grandfather wants to pay for my university,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

I'm 21 and my grandfather wants to pay for my university, but I can't get into anywhere good. Should I just go to a crappy school for free? What should I major in? My GPA is 3.0 and SAT is 1590/2400.
>>
Yea for the most part no one cares where you go as long as the univeristy is accredited.
>>
>>1706522
this, unless its literally a top university (think harvard) no one cares. experience is much more important anyways, the reason kids from elite universities get ceo positions is not because of their degree but because of the reasons they got into those unis in the first place
>>
>>1706522
That's my main worry. I don't want to waste his money and my time with some shit ass school with crappy ratings, no rankings etc... I can get into a place that's accredited. Is that really all that matters?

>>1706532
I can't really even get into my states top public universities, just the generic crappy public universities that nobody knows or cares about.
>>
>>1706536
no one cares man. look at what uni supports what you want to study best and go for that, get some experience along the way and make yourself useful. hell i still havent finished my bachelor because i started earning money during my 3rd year of uni
>>
>>1706536
>Is that really all that matters?
Yes. Go to a quality junior college first if you want to save money. Make sure it isn't a shit tier community college and you should be able to get the same education for much less then transfer later. It will also be easier to get into universities you like if you perform well in JC. Just talk to a counselor there and they will help you get on a path to transfer.
>>
>>1706543
oh btw this advice only applies for useful subjects to study, i studied math/philosophy for example, learned design and programming on the side myself

not trying to talk down non-stem degrees but if youre studying classical english literature prepare to be a wagecuck
>>
>>1706554
I'm thinking physics, engineering, computer science, or maybe nursing as a back up.

>>1706551
He won't let me go to a community college anyway.

Really, I was considering not taking any of it because I didn't think I could go anywhere good = not worth the trouble, and just move out on my own money and get a wagecuck job, but I really don't think that's a good idea anymore.
>>
>>1706498
The biggest thing about college that most people don't realize is you're not paying primarily for the education, you're paying for the ability to be able to network with active professionals in the field you choose.
>>
>>1706498
>should I take this free shit I'm offered or just sit on my ass?
>>
>>1706661
well they're going to want to call me and shit like that. i'm thinking of just going somewhere far away. they're extremely controlling and my parents told me to not take it from how controlling they are.
>>
>>1706498
>1590/2400
Wew
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.