[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll post this here as well I am making a Javascript "app"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: web_application[1].png (8KB, 422x430px) Image search: [Google]
web_application[1].png
8KB, 422x430px
I'll post this here as well

I am making a Javascript "app" to put on a basic front end portfolio, but what if I think the idea is actually quite good, and there are quite a few people who would use it (but be unlikely to pay for it) how would I go about monetizing it.

There are currently about 10 teaching sites that deal with the subject my app trains in that charge around $200-$1000 a year, and have thousands of users each, there are also potentially hundreds of thousands if not more people not using these sites, but would be interested in using my app as an aid with the subjects other learning methods (books, free YT vids).

Lets say I approach one of the training companies with my app, what is to stop them hiring prajeet to make a duplicate for $100. How profitable can hosting and advertising be?

What approach would you suggest?
>>
>>1704889

I lived in India for a year. Pajeets are utterly incompetent. If your abilities are so low that pajeets are able to defeat you, then you deserve it.
>>
>>1704889
So is the idea a kind of living syllabus for subjects that reference free materials for students to study?
>>
>>1704942

Its more like a flash card system for people to practice, but a bit more to it than that.

Basically its to help their decision making in a key area of the subject. To give an idea if a book on the subject is 12 chapters, the app is like a flashcard system for how to make decisions in different scenarios that is relevant for about 3 chapters of the book.

Many books I have read on the subject had told students to use flashcards, but there are so many variables its just not practical to do that.

>>1704931

Its not a hugely complex program, I was just thinking about approaching people and saying, "would you like me to edit this program to incorporate your brand, and you can put it on your website, people who are looking for help in this subject will then be lead to your training site via the app", are they legally allowed to just turn around and get a duplicate made.
>>
>>1704978
Yeah software is extremely difficult. Your idea wouldn't be novel enough to be considered patentable. You could ask them to maybe sign some sort of NDA or non-compete clause but that would vary on jurisdiction and most people wouldn't go through that process to hear a sales pitch.

The real key is to make your service as seamless as possible to make it worthwhile. If you can provide a subscription service that can be easily integrated with other people's sites then the subscription cost will seem worthwhile compared to the $5,000+ quote they will get from their web developers to clone your concept.
>>
>>1705195
What I mean by seamless, the core idea is important, you can apply it to basically all scenarios:

Let's say that you have your idea which is flash cards and are easy to implement from a technical perspective. What you're really selling is the user interface that makes a lot of people like your flash cards over competitor A's flash cards. Why? Because your business is flash cards. It might be a feature for another business's product, but for you it is your business.

Let's say that competitor A has a card flipping animation and it works really well in Chrome on a new Macbook Pro but it gets jaggy and lags on basically every other browser/device combo. Your card flipping animation will work on a Nokia 3310 and will be smooth as shit.

I am a web developer. I have been building all different kinds of websites and applications for seven years now. I have built vaporware sites that use Twitter or Facebook as a feature. What I mean by that is that multi-billion dollar companies' offerings are seen as just a single feature in some other businesses junk website.

They don't go to their web developers and ask them to rebuild facebook or twitter. And they shouldn't go back to their web developers about your flip cards because they are so fundamental that their absence would be noticed.
>>
Just host it for cheap and stuff with adverts
>>
>>1704978
Try the app called anki
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.