[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got $200k in cash. Should I invest anything now, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: stocks-crash-4.png (37KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
stocks-crash-4.png
37KB, 800x599px
I've got $200k in cash. Should I invest anything now, or is the market going to crash this year? I heard it's going to crash this year. If it's going to crash should I buy gold? What about those pills to purify water?
>>
>>1704469
It's stupid to invest into stocks or 401k esq plans since money is always inflating due to how money is always being printed.

You should invest into tangible things like guns, machining tools, and land.

Really, unless you are a smith of some sort or an electrical engineer there's no point in investing into tangible gold or silver either.

Soon your skills and knowledge will be your greatest asset.
>>
Find something sustainable to invest in. Investing your money is to give your money to someone whose first interest is themselves. Not a good scenario to be in when you have no sustainable ideas and must depend on ceo's who lie when their lips move. If they were honest, they'd be up front and say "well, yes, I am trying to make more money off you than I give you and if/when the stocks plunge, I'll take my money out first and you'll be sol." Instead they say: Trust me.
>>
>>1704469
>buying gold

Buy real estate.
>>
>>1704469
>You should invest into tangible things like guns, machining tools, and land.

This, too.
>>
>>1704469
i know i will wait.
>>
>>1704734
why? when stock prices fall it only means the value of currency is going up. why not just hold dollars and buy the stocks as they near the end of their fall?
>>
>>1704473
>It's stupid to invest into stocks or 401k esq plans since money is always inflating due to how money is always being printed.
uhm that is why there is an interest on investments anon well above inflation in case of s&p500 stocks
>>
>>1704746
We're due for inflation, according to the Fed, thereby rendering your fat stacks less valuable. Owning real estate is literally the safest option you have. Buy your house, wait for the economic meltdown to blow over, and eventually your real estate will regain value.
>>
>>1704752
>We're due for inflation
now we will have inflation or the stock prices will plummet anon? you can't really have both. because inflation drives stock prices right up.
>>
File: 1483461285160.png (1MB, 799x807px) Image search: [Google]
1483461285160.png
1MB, 799x807px
>>1704762
>because inflation drives stock prices right up

Okay, anon. Tell me, what has the inflation rate been for the past couple of years? Despite having abnormally low inflation, the stock market has continued to grow to unprecedented levels. Do you honestly believe that the growth in the stock market is sustainable? It's not, and it's long due for a correction. The Fed has had trouble in recent years trying to raise inflation. But what do I know? I'm just some guy on the internet.
>>
File: 1480201040676.jpg (2MB, 1000x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1480201040676.jpg
2MB, 1000x1584px
>>1704469
What do you consider "crash"? 10-15% drop during a year are not statistically nearly as unlikely as people think.

50% crash at the moment is out of question due to the market dynamics and high hedging. This is purely for american stock indecies. Europe is a different thing, even dax does not look overly good.
>>
btc
>>
>>1704776
>Do you honestly believe that the growth in the stock market is sustainable?
no but when the stock market collapses it will not be an inflationary event it will be deflationary.
>>
>>1704779
european stock indexes did not falter even tho the hysteria driven massive withdrawal by global investors. that should tell you something about the resilience of stock markets.
>>
>>1704469
Don't take graphical analysis very seriously. Most of it has no study to back it up.

If you want to invest by yourself I would say that you can pick any instrument, run some tests and find the optimal moving average length to use as signals. Bitcoin is going up right now, you might want to get on that too.
>>
>>1704469

What's your time horizon before you need the money?

Market timing is very difficult, and a great way to end up being a 2% investor.

http://thereformedbroker.com/2016/11/07/how-to-become-a-2-investor/
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.