[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is a longshot, but anyone here live and work in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (232KB, 1550x930px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232KB, 1550x930px
I know this is a longshot, but anyone here live and work in the UAE?
If so, how did you manage to get the job?
Or if you own your own company, are you looking for employees?
Shokran habibi.
>>
>>1702337
Also interested in this. Any expats in the UAE? Particularly if your place of employment is paying your up front living costs.
>>
im not arab but i lived there 20 years because of parents. long story short none of my parents ever studied, and the only reason they got hired is because they had 0 expectations back then of employees. Now everything has a "western touch" to it, if you want to work in a large and respectable corporation that will fund you a nice livestyle you need serious qualifications, its very competitive (in dubai at least).

They prefer arabs these days over everybody, where they hire even the biggest idiots into senior management just because they wanna keep up the arab "heritage".

in most corporations they have assessment centers and all other types of HR bullshit so only if youre the biggest asslicker with the nicest degrees you get hired.

Sure you can have a nice lifestyle if you work hard but this dream of working there for a couple of years and becoming "rich" is ended like 10 years ago. My dads company payed for my private school, free airplane tickets, and lots of other perks like retirement savings. The company nearly killed my dad though with overworking and thats the reason he later fucked off back to europe, where you can have a balanced life.
>>
>>1702359
I just applied for job based in Dubai and they finally got back to me saying the salary was 10,000 AED a month, which is around $2,700.
Not even a slave can live off that in the UAE. The only way I can see it working is if you live in your car or live in Sharja.
>>
>>1702382
What did his company do? I'm half Arab, my mom is white though.
>>
>>1702382
not to mention you are FUCKED as an expat if you get into trouble with the law, and i can promise you right now most of you americans and europeans can not live in a country with islamic law. sure a lot of people drink illegally, get drugs and fuck hookers. but if you get caught your life is over boi
>>
>>1702387
id rather not disclose that but it was very international and did business all over the world (based in dubai, however)
>>
>>1702388
>>1702390
Thats fine.
Just to qustion you about you other point, I thought the UAE was more lenient on Islamic laws, last time I went I was walking in JBR and saw chick in booty shorts and tank tops all the time.
>>
>>1702395
from the trend ive seen its getting far worse over time. yea you see half naked western chicks all over JBR, but most of them are tourists.

My dad told me that like 20 years ago if you got drunk as a westener on the streets the cops would laugh and drive you home (worst case take a bribe). Now they put you in fucking jail and deport your family.

A few of my highschool friends are sitting in jail right now with their lives ruined because they had like 1G of weed on them. except the arab kids that used to deal, they are walking free if daddy has some police connections.

theres this believe of europeans that dubai is all safe and all tolerant, while there is also a push of enforcing harsher laws.

at least thats my experience
>>
>>1702408
What was it like growing up there? How were the Arab kids and the Western kids?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.