[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /biz/, I've been lurking a while to get a handle on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1920x1200-0.jpg (193KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1920x1200-0.jpg
193KB, 1920x1200px
Hello /biz/, I've been lurking a while to get a handle on this forum and such, so I decided it's time I posted a thread with a little question.

I want to start a business, namely a hotel. Probably a small one. I have a place with lots of tourism, little to no competition (literally 3 other hotels in the city I want to make it for millions of potential tourists, to fill about 10 rooms). I think the idea is amazing, the investment isnt terribly high and I know I can get financing from a bank if I present it.

However, I have a meme major (thanks for making stupid 18 year old me dad) and know very little of this sort of thing. I feel like I'm generally intelligent enough to make a business plan, but I'm sure there's stuff I wouldn't know that educated people (as I'm sure there are here do). So, can anybody share a little bit of wisdom about business plans?
>>
>>1701662
There are universities giving degrees in hospitality and hotel management. If you don't want to go back to school, at least get copies of course outlines, reading lists and textbooks. Do your homework first.
>>
>>1701744
How long would something like this take to study, ideally?
>>
>>1701750
Google shit like this

https://www.coursehero.com/file/10772231/syllabus-HMGT-771-Spring-2015/

University of X Hospitality Management Hospitality Syllabus.

Collect all the texts. using libgen or torrents or something.

Read them.

I feel like I could get a handle on a 2 year hospitality degree in about 5 months if I mixed that up with shit like this:

http://study.com/articles/List_of_Free_Online_Hotel_Management_Courses_and_Lessons.html

after youve read it all, make your own conclusions, get a loan, and fuckin do it. Some business degree courses are good too.

Of course, the most successful hotels and b&bs ive seen are run by a couple friendly gay guys that cook a mean breakfast, or some grandma who understands service means treating guests like family.
>>
>>1701770
>5 months

I mean weeks, especially if I was a NEET kid who could go to a coffee shop and just read the shit.
>>
>>1701770
That course hero site has tons of syllabi btw. You could create your own curriculum if you are willing to read a few journal based academic reviews.
>>
A business plan is not necessary to start a business.
But it can help you as it forces you to think about all (financial) decisions you will have to make.
If you need financing you often need to convince a bank that you have a sound plan. So you might want to write it with the bank in mind.
>>
>>1701770
>>1701772
>>1701775
Thanks so much, anon. I'll get right on it.
>>
>>1701744
>>1701770
Im doing a non meme very concentrated course on hotel management already. But it doesn't cover business stuff to start like investment and plans

>>1701772
That's pretty much the point, I need about 200k euros or so (calculations ongoing) and only have about 40k saved up. Its also pretty low profit so the bank has to see it's stable and secure. I'm pretty much hoping the bank agrees because it's practically a mortgage, if I fail they get a building worth as much as the loan.
>>
>>1702228
In my opinion, you sound thoughtful and well spoken. Good luck on your business, I hope you earn a lot of money with it.

I'm sure you've already factored it in to your plan, but let me just say as a reminder that most governments have fixed-asset depreciation schedules. While hotels and real estate don't usually qualify for the fastest depreciation, you can still save you a lot on taxes every year. A good tax lawyer will sort you out. Anyway, good luck!
>>
>>1702245
Thanks! I'm pretty much also banking on my girlfriend who wants to manage the daily stuff (welcome guests, arrange breakfast even clean rooms at the very start). We'll see how it works out. Honestly, I don't want to earn a lot of money with it, I want it to be something that's mine and well done and I can sustain myself with it. Just that it's quite difficult as it stands with loans and stuff because of the retarded state Europe is in right now. But anyway.

I've checked it out and I'm fairly sure we don't have those. But yes, it's in my plan to consider a tax lawyer a little further along the line once we can check out the costs and profits.
>>
>>1701662
>I know I can get financing from a bank if I present it.
kek
>>
>>1702563
Well, it's a building after all. The additional money to the purchase is for practically renovating and repairing it. Plus we're doing it for guests, so the bank has added incentive to think it'll be done well.

So their loan is practically insured by a building that will most likely increase its value to above the money they give.

Sounds pretty reasonable to finance such a loan, no?
>>
>>1701662
>the investment isnt terribly high

I'm guessing you're in a second or third world country? What you might want to look at is adoption of Airbnb (ad other similar services) in the location you're thinking of.
>>
>>1703825
Just how clueless are you?
>>
>>1703836
Yes, second world practically. We will begin with 4 rooms on Airbnb 1 on booking. Airbnb should fill the rooms, although it will be a hassle and cheaper than I'd like. Then we'll gradually switch to booking and website until we can drop Airbnb.

>>1703848
Pretty clueless. Haven't spoken to any banks yet. I know the macroeconomic situation, but that's about it. Can you elaborate please?
>>
>>1703940
>Can you elaborate please?
You just expect me to give out my advice for free? People pay a lot of money to have others consult and advise on their business projects. To expect that kind of thing for free, let alone to ask about it on an Egyptian motorcycle enthusiast forum is crazy.

You are setting yourself up for failure and you haven't even begun yet
>>
File: scarponciniuomom1nabukgiallo.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
scarponciniuomom1nabukgiallo.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>1701662
>I feel like I'm generally intelligent enough to make a business plan

>proceeds to ask for help about making business plans

lets be honest here. you have no fucking idea what youre doing, or what you want to do. you just hope someone here posts a link to a `hotel business plan.pdf` right?
>>
>>1703954
So you're here to tell me I'm going to fail and you're not willing to say anything on the matter. May I ask why you feel the need to be an asshole?

>>1703957

I have an idea, I know it has potential, I have done quite a bit of research. I'm hoping for a tip or two to present it better to investors (banks). I don't understand why that's offensive.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.