[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/2017 Biz Goals/ this thread is for pure motivation and posting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: 1483151646578.gif (2MB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
1483151646578.gif
2MB, 320x239px
/2017 Biz Goals/

this thread is for pure motivation and posting ones own goals. Share ideas, post pics, do whatever you want.

Writing it out will make it real, and make you realize what you have to do.

>Continue organic vodka distillery I started last year
>figure out organic energy drinks
>apply for some major grants in my country for some other ideas

let's go faggots, 2017 is our year!
>>
File: 1416609630315.jpg (91KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1416609630315.jpg
91KB, 1680x1050px
>>1700626
Good work brother, fortune favors the bold.

>Continue learning, SQL Serv. 2016 MDX, Data mining, R
>Continue learning, All things blockchain, Ethereum / solidity
>Top physical health, good quality food only, limited portions, yoga
>>
File: biz forms a secret society.png (111KB, 709x645px) Image search: [Google]
biz forms a secret society.png
111KB, 709x645px
>2:1 in Econ degree minimum
>Max out ISA again
>Increase BTC holding

Good luck all
>>
>>1700626
stop drinking everyday. get rich. read books instead of 4chan. take creatine for breakfast lunch and dinner and get fit and gorgeous so bitches want to suck my dick.
>>
File: Cy8s4fFUAAABFfF.jpg large.jpg (189KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cy8s4fFUAAABFfF.jpg large.jpg
189KB, 1024x1024px
>>1700626
>accumulate 21 BTC and 1000 eth to hold longterm
>save aggressively for retirement in a traditional tax exempt account
>Maintain fitness regiment and increase intensity
>continue eating healthy, maybe start eating even healthier, like autisticly buying animal liver/hearts/nootropics
>read more non-fiction and bit of philosophy stuff
Still gonna take some time before I am happy with myself, but I will try to enjoy the continued preparation and struggle to reach perfection/providence.
I wish my fellow Biznessmen a happy new years and the discipline to achieve their goals.
>>
>>1700644
>get rich
How are you going to do this
>read books
Which books are you going to read, how long to read each book

Set achievable goals and it'll likely happen. An end goal isn't an objective, the stages to get to the end goal are.

On topic:
Get 3 hobbies: Fencing (used to be good when younger, stopped), Learn to play Rains of Castamere on the cello, learn basic Russian.
I also will be running a personal finance blog&youtubs series- will try to make financially successful but it more to solidify my own knowledge..
Finally I will save £15000 through salary,investments and out of work activities. (Currently
Making 2000-3000 a month so is defo achievable.)
>>
just opened up a new website

https://www.apexishealth.com/

trying to make it succeed so i can do more shit like this also trying to make at least 30k after taxes this year
>>
>>1700626

I'm starting school, and working hard on a new website I'm just now taking into BETA stage and trying to get a community built (hopefully by the end of the year it can be bringing me in a few bux a day.)

I'm trying to quit drinking weekly, as it's taking a toll and I'm only 24; plus I'm trying to get /fit/ (skinnyfag reporting in) been eating right and exorcising but the alcohol and cigarettes have got to go this year.
>>
- Contribute another $30k to my portfolio minimum
- Keep lifting
- Do more cardio and make more gains
>>
>>1700663

just so you know you just made it really easy to dox you man, in case anonymity is a concern of yours.
>>
Neat thread OP. I was planning on making a list anyway but now I can put my list here to get bullied

1. Start browsing /lit/ in hopes that I start reading books regularly

2. Browse /fit/ more and hopefully work out 3x a week

3. Fix my sleeping schedule

4. Eat better (probably won't happen since I love junk food) maybe restrict my junk food to Fridays only?

5. Practice learning Python 10 minutes everyday. 10 minutes of Italian everyday. 10 minutes of Spanish everyday. (30 minutes total language study every day)

6. Limit masturbation to every other day

7. Study math/science 30 minutes a day, browse /sci/ more

8. Get into meditation and yoga.

What else.
>>
>>1700679
what kind of books are you interested in anon?
I like non fiction a lot better, get some science books since you are interested in that and you should learn to read quickly (not gonna happen if you aren't interested.)

>meditation

start right now, breath in through your nose and out through the mouth (deep breaths) counting +1 when you breath in and +1 when you breath out, when you get to 10 restart.

If you start out with this breathing exercise for 1-2 minutes a day when you actually start meditating it will be so much easier.

>python

10 minutes a day will be painfully slow to learn a language (especially if you don't already know concepts like conditions, expressions as well as CS concepts like data structures and algorithms.)
>>
>>1700679
>browsing 3 more boards

If you are seriously taking advice from 4chan, you need to reevaulate your goals.
>>
>>1700643
What do you plan to go into with econ degree?

t. Guy who also doing econmics but regrets not doing math
>>
>$100k+ in investments
>potentially buy some of my family land.
>start a business no matter how small
>learn more about art investing
>move into a nicer living situation. currently in a 1br apartment in the city but i just want to move to a quite part of town or possibly buy a small house.
>>
>>1700626

> crack $60k
> Travel more
> Get GF
>>
>learn more about investing
>fix my sleep schedule for weekdays
>bike more than the pathetic amount I did last year
>actually use my $1200 rowing machine for more than a week
>man up and start telling people I want my money back
>find a new hobby to enjoy / fix why I lost interest in all this stuff I've bought over the last decade / both
>sell off the shit I've bought to fill my depression
>go see someone about my depression and unfuck my life

Still trying to decide which I should prioritize: making a $17,800 prepayment on my mortgage to cut off another year or topping up my RRSP.
>>
>>1700687
Honestly I was thinking more fiction, whatever is the most critically claimed I guess. I'd like to broaden my horizons a bit so I want to get into that kind of stuff. As for what specific genres, I don't really care just high quality stuff from every genre I guess. I've been doing this with film lately and really enjoying it so I figure I may like books too. Reading science books is a good idea too but I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with it. I'm a third year physics major so I already dedicate a lot of time to studying this, though putting in more time would be better I guess.

I've done the breathing thing before once in a while over the past few years but I guess I should just try and do it every day even if just for a few minutes

For Python, I don't really have any plans in doing computer programming for a living, I just thought it would be a neat hobby to get into. I figure forcing myself to do 10 minutes a day is feasible and better than nothing. Ive tried getting into programming a few times before and end up doing a couple hours a day for like a week and then burning out. So really just trying to force myself into a habit and I'll go over 10 minutes when Im motivated enough.
>>1700705
I'm just trying to be reasonable here. I know browsing a fitness board will give me a little more push to actually get fit and I'm less likely to make excuses. Actually when I browsed /fit/ every day a few years ago I actually got into the habit of lifting every day so it seems to work
>>
commit to something. don't know what though
>>
File: 1482201266099.gif (3MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1482201266099.gif
3MB, 500x375px
>>1700626

>add another multifamily to my real estate portfolio
>hire someone to do most of the busy work I currently do at my business
>find a fine lady to wife and squirt lots of kids out of

I feel like I finally got things figured out senpai, time to hit it hard in 2017
>>
I have ~55k in shares, 100k in savings, only debt I have atm is HECS (college) debt which is 30k but doesn't even have to be paid until I earn over a certain threshold per annum and the interest is negligible.

First year working since graduating will gross 60k+ this year.

Just turned 30 so want to have 1 mil by 40. Although I want to buy a house/unit since where I live is the perfect time to buy which will set me back unless I flip it.
>>
>>1700772
No idea. Worked as an Economic analyst in the civil service for a while last year. I'm good with trading and sports betting so I might go down that route.
>>
>>1700665
Drinking weekly is already fucking you up? Damn I've thought about cutting down, but I didn't know your health could decline that fast. I'm 22 and I don't wanna have the liver of a 50 year old in 5 years.
>>
>>1700626
>push Bachelor of Science in economics to a 3.6 or higher gpa in the spring/summer/fall semesters so I can get into fast track masters program
>max out roth IRA contribution ASAP
> have atleast 50% of my income put into my brokerage account (30 hours wk. at $12/hr = $360-tax per week)
>keep in shape for military service which will begin after I finish my bachelors/masters 2 years from now
>start Bikram Yoga weekly, may be a meme but it makes me feel amazing for the rest of the day
>>
>>1702457
If you drink enough to get drunk more than once every 2 weeks, you're on track to fuck up your health.

There's a difference between having a drink every week and getting buzzed every week
>>
>>1700663
you need a logo, Ill make you one
>>
>>1702469
What kind of bubble do you live in where people don't drink and get buzzed every night after work? Drinking a bottle of wine or its equivalent every night will not affect your health significantly.
>>
-I'm gonna start my new job in a week, and keep looking for better paying positions near me. -Starting to lift again, feels pretty good. 5x5 Stronglift is a great app & regimen as far as I can tell.
-Quit smoking about two months ago, my anxiety is kicking my ass at the moment but I've found breathing techniques to deal with it without needing to go to a doctor and become a bartard. Gonna look into yoga, if it helps I might pick it up.
-Slow down the drinking, maybe at least force myself to get better taste and start drinking bourbon or something.
-Invest in BTC when it takes a dip (dunno what I'll do if it stays like this)
-Read more books, 1 a week would be dope but with my work schedule that might not be possible
-Figure out how to tell when you fuckers are actually giving good advice and not just memeing and pumping. Prospects of that are low considering the quality of people who come here
-Wanna develop my drawing skills but that's almost certain to fall by the wayside

/blog
>>
>>1700839
For the depression I recommend either therapy or meditation, whichever best suits you personally, maybe even both. Don't let them drug you up man, you don't wanna be chained to a pill every day unless you're an extreme case.
I went to therapy a few years back and I promise, after like a dozen sessions you feel like you're mostly just shooting the shit. You'd be amazed how good it feels to say shit you've been thinking for months. Once it's in the air you can see it with a lot more objectivity.
>>
>>1702476
A bottle of wine every day? Do you hear yourself? A glass, sure but damn dude even I'm not nearly that bad
>>
Contribute at least $65,000 to my investments, this is entirely possible if I keep frivolous spending under control. If I succeed, I'll be on track to hit half my retirement savings goal by mid-2018. If I fail, I'll have to move from my one bedroom into a studio apartment to free up some more income to save.

Read textbooks, philosophy, and classic literature every day. I'm not setting a quantitative target for this, but rather a qualitative one. I will read until I start to lose focus, then I will put the book down.

Be able to complete ten pull-ups, ten dips, and ten handstand push-ups. I have tried and failed to establish an exercise routine too many times. As such, I'm setting a modest goal and focusing on exercises which can be performed in my apartment with equipment I already own.

Design, develop, launch, and market four web applications. I will focus primarily on the marketing aspect, but will also take the opportunity to increase my understanding of design and optimize my web development workflow. This is preparation for when I will be legally allowed to operate side businesses.
>>
>>1702476

[spoiler]my mother is an alcoholic who drinks a bottle a day, and can confirm it REALLY fucks you up.

anyone who still chooses to drink after living with an alcoholic deserves whatever fate befalls them
>>
>>1700626
I guess I'd better move in with my girlfriend and work on our patent design and secure a license to big industry since we already have funding lined up.
>>
>20 years old
>finishing this last semester at community college
>open brokerage account
>make good investments
>actually manage to keep a part time job
>live with family for super cheap rent so money never is a hassle
>get accepted to dream university
>go to dream university
>save for a car which is fucking hard idk why
>have a girlfriend, tired of just hookups it gets old.
>smoke weed everyday
>>
File: IMG_1358.png (384KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1358.png
384KB, 640x1136px
1. Lose 43.5 lbs
2. Get at least a 520 on the MCAT (highest is a 528)
3. Learn to read & write Korean
4. Maintain a semester GPA of 3.5
5. Read more non-fiction books (self help/ finance/ memory)
6. Get back to playing the violin
7. Maintain a balanced (3 meal per day) diet
8. Get into the habit of going to bed by 10:30pm and waking up at 7-8pm

I'm trying to tackle each goal at a time while taking small steps. Like right now for MCAT studying, I only read 1 new chapter a day (pic-related, doesn't matter if I can go further) just so that I'm progressing at a steady pace. Then when I'm done with each book I'll do the online practice and gauge myself from there.
>>
>>1700634
Anon how much experience do you have with coins and blockchains. I'm kinda searching for an insider to consult on a project of mine
>>
>>1702697
>3. Learn to read & write Korean
don't tell me it's for a gook girl, you fucking faggot.
>>
>Continue to learn as much as I can about construction.
>Land 2nd job that teaches side skills ( skilled trade, cook, sales, etc.) or start a general contracting company.
>Increase my savings from 7k to 15k (budget is tight)
>Acquire passport and solidify travel plans
I really want to work my ass off to give me and my family a better life, I just need leverage and an outlet. 2018 is more likely to see more dramatic positive changes, for now I'm on the grind.
>>
>>1700626
Organic vodka? Man you a fucking scammer but good for you.
>>
File: 1483319332375.jpg (21KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1483319332375.jpg
21KB, 500x333px
>>1703057
no commercial experience yet. I'm trying to jump from SQL to blockchains. About 1 year of teaching myself Ethereum is all I have.

You have a cool idea? Have a look at what's available on the Mist browser for ethereum. every time I think of a good idea, I look and someone else already has it
>>
>>1703589
I do and no its doesnt exist yet. Unfortunately i'm way too inexperienced with this crypto universe too implement it with confidence
>>
>continue my youtube business

I made 25k£ last year, I want to make £100k this year so im grinding hard
>>
>>1703076
Nope, just got the opportunity to travel abroad and enjoyed the culture to the point that the linguistics of the language was very interesting
>>
>finish year 2 of uni
>go for a work & travel program in the summer, get $15k
>save that for masters in frankfurt
>try to get more into writing the blog I've been putting off for a year now

it feels like I never have enough time. right now I'm studying for exams, writing some blog posts and articles for chump change since my freelance profile has basically nothing on it and I'm just tired and want to play wow.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.