[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting back into stocks and options but I'm worried

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I'm getting back into stocks and options but I'm worried I'm going to do what I always do: lose interest.

I do this like every two years. Put money in, research, make a little money, either take it out or lose it, then do jackshit with stocks until I feel like playing the market again. Anyone else have that problem? If you did how did you over come it? I guess just sheer willpower is what I need but hearing people success stories always motivates me.
>>
>>1696424
If you do literally nothing else but trade, you wind up living it.
Because of that, I find I never get bored of it. Plus, there's tons of aspects I haven't even started exploring yet, and I've been in the game full time for years.
>>
>>1696430
Thanks. I've read that if you do something for a certain amount of days (it differs from person to person) it becomes habit. I've done things in my life that have required huge amounts of willpower so I think I'll just tap into that and do something with stocks every day for however long until it's just something I do.

I really do love stocks and economics, it's not something I'd hate to get into. I want to have that burning desire everyday to improve and make good trades, not just on the days I feel good/like doing it. I don't see myself living off trading too soon, but I want to dump my normal income into stocks and options until my capital is high enough that it can be my main thing.
>>
>>1696447
>I want to dump my normal income into stocks and options until my capital is high enough
That might not be the best way to go about it.
You can't really rely on trading to increase your capital, especially the first few years. The learning curve is steep enough that you'll probably lose capital initially, pushing the time you can really start further into the future.
I can't wholly recommend paper trading as I only did a few months of it myself, but at least that would allow you to get an idea of your aptitude while protecting your capital and saving to increase it.
>>
>>1696480
Well as it stands I have no major expenses. Living at home and help the parents with their business. Any new clients I bring in I do the work and keep the profits so I can afford to risk some money. Options I've found are safe investments, iirc I was making 2% every 3 months and had control over the contract so if it moved the way I didn't want it to I could cancel and my loss was just the commission it took to set up the contract.

What is it you trade mostly if not paper?
>>
>>1696485
Equities and Futures.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.