[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't businesses do well in white towns? I walked into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bankruptcy.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
bankruptcy.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
Why don't businesses do well in white towns? I walked into my local mall and stores are closing left and right. The only businesses doing well are the globally well known ones like H&M and Mcdonalds.
>>
>>1693426
White people dont spend their money on stupid status bullshit and luxury goods as much as black people and care more about quality.
>>
>>1693538
Yet they have fast food joints and H&M?

/pol/ is to the right
>>
>be OP
>be in a white town
>"wow, all the malls are closing. must suck to be a business in a white town!"
>ignorant of the fact that malls are closing literally everywhere
this is a great example of sampling bias. OP, you are a dumbass
>>
>>1693426
1. the only businesses YOU KNOW OF sell retail to the public.
2. businesses that sell retail to the public are being eaten alive by Walmart, amazon, and ebay.

you're blind to most businesses.
>>
>>1693426

fucking millenials they're chintzy as fuck
>>
>>1693426
Amazon killed the shopping mall.
>>
>>1693426
Same in my town, the rich are getting rich and the poor are getting poorer. Small/Medium sized businesses just can't compete with the big boys or online shopping. Plus there is literally no local support.

Solution: There needs to be a shift in what a mall/town centre is about, make it more about experiences/activities and less about materialistic shit.
>>
>Live next to two malls
>One of them a Sears, a Dillards, and a shitload of clothing and jewelry stores
>The other has an arcade, a movie theater, an aquarium, a legoland-ish thing, indoor miniature golf, rock climbing center, plus food vendors everywhere not just in the food court

Guess which mall is dead and which one is thriving. Malls have changed man. People do their shopping online. The successful ones are more like theme parks without the theme and a mix of light retail.
>>
>>1693809
>There needs to be a shift in what a mall/town centre is about, make it more about experiences/activities
I agree, but it's hard to build revenue off that.
>>
>>1693995
I feel you. The mall in my town is basically a ghost town. They have a few clothing stores but the only reason people really go there is for the gym and Chinese takeout place that gives you enough to feed a family of 8 for $7.

The mall that every body goes to is about 35 minutes away. They have actual clothing stores that people want to be seen in like Nordstroms. They got niche dining places instead of a boring franchise. They have a paintball arena. They have a huge outdoor goods sporting store. They have an arcade. They have a movie theater. They have small kid rides to keep children occupied. They even have a day care thing where parents drop their kids off to play while they shop. They have Santa Claus and other holiday events.

Its not just about shopping. Its about going out and having fun with friends and family. Trying different ethnic foods instead of eating at a boring Applebees or Burger King. Shooting your annoying son in the face with a paintball gun and being the cool mom. Seeing a movie. Buying your materialistic gf a Gucci purse instead of something from a Kohls or JC Penny.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.