[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple question. I'm going to buy a new car. I looked it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 5j9VBve.jpg (266KB, 1696x1106px) Image search: [Google]
5j9VBve.jpg
266KB, 1696x1106px
Simple question. I'm going to buy a new car. I looked it up on the manufacturers website, selected all the features that i wanted, ect. That'll be around 50k. If i go to the dealership tomorrow and tell them that i'd like to buy x car with x features, i suppose the vendor is going to name me a price somewhere around these 50k. Can i negotiate or is this some sort of fixed price because it's a new car?
>>
>>1691140
50k? Just buy a used Japanese car and it will last you decades.
>>
>>1691140
As long as your new car is a commodity (not so unique there aren't many of them) you can try having dealerships bargain for your business.

1) Get internet quotes for the product you want, which gives you a list of dealerships' prices that are already lower than walking into the dealer.
2) Write all their phone numbers down.
3) Walk into the closest dealership and testdrive to see if you really like it. If you do...
4) While the current dealership runs your credit/etc., call the rest of the dealerships saying "this is the lowest price I have available, can you beat it?" Make sure they respect your the value of your time in trying to beat each other.
5) Keep cycling through the list with lower and lower offers until you can't find takers.
6) Buy from the cheapest offer you've got.

Sometimes there are financial incentives, such as getting a manufacturer's loan -- repay it off immediately of course, but it make take some amount off the price of the vehicle.
>>
>>1691155
car dealership agreements over the phone

nigger, you can't be serious
>>
>>1691140
New car? Fuck that shit man.
I'm planning on buying a BMW i8, and originally I went to a BMW dealership who wanted £100k for the motherfucker. I found one online for £65k, you just have to look.
>>
>>1691140
NEVER pay the price listed on manufactures site (MSRP). For most cars, NEVER pay invoice either.

Use truecar, get a price, that should be the most you should pay. Can negotiate lower than that.
>>
>>1691140
It's none of my business but unless you're making $250k/yr, then buying a new car is not a great financial choice.
>>
>>1691140
Depending on the brand you should be able to get between 6% and 15% reduction without too much trouble.

Never pay full price.
>>
>>1691169
Worked for me, I had a 12.50/hr job and needed those bucks to last. The dealership that I went to, which was closest, was incredulous and didn't believe that I worked the price down that hard. They called the other dealerships and asked me if "you're seriously going to keep doing this."

I told the guy "what if someone offers me a car for free, you want me to turn that down?"
>>
>>1691155
>>1691188
>>1691304

Thanks, i'm going to do that!

>>1691141
>>1691176
>>1691290

I'm married, own a house, have a child, no debt and still drive a Corolla, eventhough i could easily afford pretty much any car i ever wanted. Thank you for your input though
>>
>>1691140

>buying new

fucking RETARD
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.