[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

going to start working in a boutique investment bank in february,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

going to start working in a boutique investment bank in february, first finance job i have. (internship). i would like to make a good impression on my superiors, not just with math skills etc, but also with dressing. i recently watched suits and thought the investment bankers in that show dress superb, what are your opinions?

also post general suit and dressing advice pls
>>
>>
>>
>>
I wore jeans and a long sleeve t shirt to an interview and got hired at a bank. Never owned a suit never will. Why do you Americans love your monkey suits so much?
>>
File: Harvey-7.png (597KB, 616x666px) Image search: [Google]
Harvey-7.png
597KB, 616x666px
>>1690119
well if you work in IT nobody cares. in front office jobs you need a suit.

im european btw
>>
>>1690107
Clothes they use on suits are all thousand dollars+ pieces. You probably wont be able to afford it anyway. All you can do is get the guidelines of what looks good and they try to dress as closely to it as possible, while always knowing that your clothes will never have the "X" factor those more expensive pieces have.
>>
>>1690154
Sort of what this guy said.
But in saying that using suits for shirt and tie combo inspo is fine.

But for your first internship you shouldn't go too crazy.
I am currently interning at KPMG and I have 2 suits and that's all that's been needed. In saying that you may find your company to be different

My advice would be to buy 2-3 $500ish dollar suits. Get them altered.

And then go from there in your first week. If you're expected to wear a suit everyday but 3-5 more.
If your not. Ditch the suits and buy some high quality shirts. Think Brooks brothers or Oxford.
>>
>>1690204
Something I've picked up is that if you're in and out of suits depending on your day you should have 2 lots of shirts. Suit and tie shirts, and no jacket or tie shirts.

And then alter your no jacket/tie shirts slightly so they fit tighter and higher up your arm. You'll look 100 times better.
These shirts will more than likely be unwearable with a tie though as the button on the neck will probably be too tight to close if it's right in the shoulders. And the arms won't protrude from the bottom of the jacket arm.
>>
>>/fa/
>>
>>1690207
>>1690204
thanks a lot. i am required to wear suits everyday so im gonna take your shirt and suit advice into account.

>>1690214
they are all jobless and nobody of them works in finance. have you seen their style threads? they would fire me on day 1 if i listened to fa
>>
File: IMG_9436.gif (983KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9436.gif
983KB, 500x249px
Do everything Harvey Spencer does and you will be amazed
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.