[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone tell me why retail and restaurant workers in America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1482026623991.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482026623991.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Can anyone tell me why retail and restaurant workers in America have such a hissy fit about working on holidays? I mean, if you didn't want to work holidays, why are you working there?
>>
>>1688966
entitlement
>>
I wish I could work Christmas, that's time and a half pay, plus I'd rather work Christmas and the following week after and get new years off with positive income
>>
>>1688993
It's not entitlement. You are the entitled person who demands everything be open on holidays. Just because they are wage Slaves doesn't mean they need to work the holidays.
Go fuck yourself you filthy uncultured kike.
>>
>>1688966
>work holidays
>get paid holiday rates
I was fine working holidays and weekends for my summer job, more money for the same work.
>>
>>1689008
>doesn't mean they...

apparently it does, lmao.
>>
>>1688966
American workers have very few rights. If an American refuses to work on Holidays or Weekends they can be sued by their employer for lost profits.
>>
>>1690190
>you quit
>employer sues you for lifetime of lost profits
We know you guys are into slavery, but you don't expect anyone to really believe this bullshit logic
>>
>>1690190
Source: Pulled from my ass, 2016
>>
The typical person that ends up in one of these jobs isn't great at seeing the big picture. They don't understand that holiday revenue is a big part of the annual revenue which allows them to have a job in the first place. (At least in my industry, holidays are the best for business)
>>
>>1690208
Also the fact that holiday pay is significant, and in the case of restaurants you get MASSIVE tips.

As opposed to what they'd normally be doing during this time: gulping down simple carbs and getting drunk.

Makes you consider the reason they're poor and in this situation ...
>>
>>1689008
>retail worker detected
>>
>>1690290
>second that
but it is soul sucking retail...
>>1688966
more than anything it's customers shitty attitudes that makes a lot of people not want to work,couple that in with some lazy co-workers and a manager with a God-complex and then you get to see why its shitty.
>>
>>1688993

Wrong.

Before, people didn't work holidays or if they did they had the choice to do so or not, with an incentive of time and a half.

Now it's either "You work this 18 hour shift dumb goyim or your fired!" Oh, and you have to come back the following day as well at 5AM because fuck you.
>>
>>1690186
Lol ive never gotten more money for holidays this isnt a thing in america
>>
>>1690495
W...where are you working? I'm in college, so during any break I'd kill for multiple days with 18hr shifts.

Time and a half > working normal Chuck hours. Inb4 >"OP is bourgeoisie"
>>
>>1690508
yes, yes it is. You just work at a shitty retailer.
>>
I used to love working all holidays when I was an edgy atheist teen. Christmas, Easter, etc were just another day for me but i got time and a half and worked a shit ton of hours cause I always covered for normies when they called out, it was a sweet gig
>>
>>1690604
You only say that after you haven't worked for a few weeks "GOD ID KILL FOR HOURS!"

At the restaurant I work at it is NOT time and a half, and if we don't work at least two days (Christmas Eve, Day, New Years Eve, Day) out of the four holidays then you get a pink slip and you're either fired or 2 steps away from it.
>>
>>1688966
>>1688993
You honestly cant figure out why they would not want to work on holidays? Some people actually have good families and shit and enjoy being with them on family oriented holidays. Its not rocket science.
>why would you work at a job when you want a few specific days off a year?
you cant be that retarded.

for the record I have never worked in food industry or any of that shit. I am just not dim.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.