[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be a serious step-by-step method to stop being a complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: hikikomori.gif (10KB, 365x175px)
hikikomori.gif
10KB, 365x175px
What would be a serious step-by-step method to stop being a complete waste of space?
I used to feel like I had a future but now I just feel like trash.
I did take a few years of Uni before my financial aid dried up forcing me to take a break.
I was working toward an Engineering degree so my math skills are okay.
I also have some experience putting together basic websites via WordPress.
I'm 23 and do have a min wage McJob.
I currently have about $2000 saved up and own an old beater car to get around.
Also kinda overweight and >tfw no gf.

Since /biz/ is one of the most knowledgeable boards on the Chan please give it to me straight guys:
Am I salvageable or should I just an hero?
Can I have a retard proof guide on how to fix myself?
Or at the very least a way to get back in school again?
>>
>>1687433

It'll be be hard going to school and working at the same time. You could try night school and aim for a trade. Just get an apprentice level and aim for a job with that. Always say you are looking to get the next level if it's needed. Got my gas 3 to 3 months only 12 hours of school a week. I'm now installing gas stoves and shit for more then minimal wage. Going to work on g2 next year (10months 12 hour weeks)
>>
>>1687433
23 is super young still. You have plenty of time, you just don't see it from where you are standing.
>>
>>1687433
Get more student loans?

If you can't figure this out on your own, then yes you are hopeless.

Get your shit together and go back to school. Work your ass off and get organization, leadership and internship experience. Those three things will help you get a job when you graduate.

Otherwise you will continue being a fat piece of shit stuck in a dead-end job.
>>
How much time do you have or do you take "idling?" I mean things like riding the bus or driving your car, doing mindless chores like dishes around the house, playing some mindless vidya, shit like that?

I was in your position not too long ago. 5 years ago, I was making minimum wage. I'm now making more than 3 times that (still wagecuck status), but it's more than enough to cover my family's expenses and to be able to set aside some to start investing in my own business and other investment types (real estate, stock market, etc.).

What really started to make a difference was realizing self-improvement is literally the way to make myself better. Sound like an idiotic statement? It probably is, but there are way too many people who are comfortable in their position in life, even if it means they have a shitty job, stress about bills every week, and overall live a shit life. There's no will to improve, to better yourself, to evaluate your life every day, week, month, year, setting clear, obtainable, uncomfortable goals, and start making progress towards those goals.

I was reading Bill Gate's blog for whatever reason I stumbled on it ("hur durr I wanna be Bill Gates rich, how easy?" was probably the reason). He had a few book recommendations, and one of them was Carol Dweck's Mindset: The New Psychology for Success. It was more of a case study rather than a how-to, but it basically showed 2 sets of people exist in this world, those with the growth mindset, and those with the fixed mindset. The growth mindset people are always improving, learning from their mistakes, putting forth the best effort, while the fixed mindset people are good enough with good enough. There were several cases throughout the book, showing the difference between the 2 groups. The growth mindset sounded awesome for me, I was stuck in the fixed mindset, and all the symptoms from the book showed. But I decided I wanted to improve myself.

Contd.
>>
>>1687454
From there, I started to listen to other audio books in my spare time. I did it while doing yard work at my house, my parents houses, while doing dishes, while folding the laundry, while taking the bus to work (at the time, it took me a good 1.5 hours to and from work, I had ample time to listen), and often times when I was doing big grindfests in Minecraft or just fucking around on TF2.

I listened and listened and listened. I started noticing repeating patterns of success between books, case studies showing the stupid successful people are always practicing, in earnest, self improvement. There are common themes to motivation, there are common themes to confidence, there are common themes to charisma, building rapport, persuading people. I started to model my life after those themes, all with the end goal of "this week was better than last week".

That's not to say I've always been improving. I'm weak-willed when it comes to video games, it's been a source of stress in regards to my relationship with my wife and kids. But I've seen it as a problem and takes steps to make sure it's no longer a problem. Same with fitness. We're all lazy in some aspects of life, and for me, fitness was like 80% of people out there. "Working out is hard. I love junk food. Soda is nomnomnom". What the fuck ever, this shit is no excuse. So I've had off weeks, but I'm getting better. And that's incredible for me. I'm telling you, trying to lead you to water, you need to drink. You will choke at first, but it's not failure that defines you as a person, it's your reaction to it.
>>
>>1687455
If you're curious, here's a list of books I've listened to over the past 2 years:
-Several Brian Tracy books
-168 Hours - You Have More Time than You Think
-The Road to Character
-Mindset: The New Psychology of Success
-The $100 Startup
-Creativity, Inc.
-The Magic of Thinking Bi
-Deep Work Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
-Directional Thinking - 10 Steps to Positive Thinking
-The Power of Now
-Leaders Eat Last
-Awesome in Hours
-Money Master the Game
-Moonwalking with Einstein
-Think and Grow Rich
-Persuasion IQ
-Rich Dad, Poor Dad series (including several Rich Dad Advisors)
-Get It Done
-Scrum
-Talk Like Ted
-The Achievement Habit
-The Art of Mental Training
-The Charisma Myth
-What the Most Successful People Before Breakfast
-The Confidence Gap: A Guide to Overcoming Fear and Self-Doubt
-The Millionaire Booklet

Not all of these I took all the info to heart. Of these, I'd say the best to start you on your path would be Mindset, and Rich Dad Poor Dad (and the Cashflow Quadrant). In the meantime, set aside 30-60 minutes each night looking for a better job, do side hustles, contract out on the internet, whatever the fuck you can do to start earning more money. I'm living way more comfortably now than I did several years ago, and I'd be happy just doing this my whole life. But I'm not going to stop until I'm retired at 45 with a few million.

This isn't step-by-step, I know that's what you're asking, but get out there and kick ass. Greatness isn't for everyone, so you decide if it is, or if you're content being that complete waste of space.

And I agree w/>>1687445. Work on those three things.
>>
>>1687441
Thanks for the idea. I've never actually given trades that much thought before.

>>1687443
Yeah, it's not like I feel like the clock is running out.
I just want to fix myself.

>>1687454
>>1687455
>>1687460
Thanks for all of that.
Starting to look through some of this material now.
>>
>>1687433
>math degree
>be 39
>balding
>overweight
>make only 15k per year
>never fucked

dont become like me
>>
>>1687460
these are also good

-The happiness of pursuit
-Think and grow rich
- Handbook for happiness
>>
My man, this is the only life you have. get in shape, read good books or audiobooks, if you can't do university rn attend community college, keep saving, and fuck these bitches bro it's 2017 and their not getting any more faithful. We live in a cruel world and if you don't get your hustle up you'll just be walked over like a little bitch in life. Whenever you can, go on YouTube and watch videos about the law of attraction, which is the best thing I've learned about his year and my life has changed a lot. I'm 20 and I turn 21 next year and I can say that I'm comfortable about he path I'm on towards building my life, I hope you eventually will too soon bro. And remember, money first, bitches second.
>>
>>1687493
I'll add those to my ever-growing list. I've listened to about half of the books I've downloaded, I'm just starting to listen to biographies of super successful people and auto-didacts, such as Elon Musk, Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs. I still have a ton of self-improvement left too.
>>
>>1687488
>math degree
>make only 15k per year
No way, I always thought becoming a quant meant living life on easy mode.

>>1687496
>get your hustle up or you'll just be walked over like a little bitch in life.
That's the 2017 new years resolution.
>YouTube and watch videos about the law of attraction
Any recommended channels to start on?
>>
>>1687528
Well I have mass panic atks and autism. so I just work a low stress job and freelance tutor
>>
Literally ignore all of this shit advice in this thread and learn a trade.

That's it, learn a trade, work hard and start your own business in 5-10 years.
>>
>>1687496
>He actually thinks the law of attraction is a real thing
Lol
>>
>>1687433
Become an actuary.
>>
>>1687433
Start sucking dicks
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.