[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are student loans really all that bad? I've been working

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: stl-2.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
stl-2.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
Are student loans really all that bad? I've been working wagecuck jobs since high school and the only way out that I can see for myself, realistically speaking, is if I go to college and get a degree. Say I went and took out 20-25k in loans to go to a CC then transfer-- I've calculated the monthly payment, and for a lot of people it's around 300-500 bucks a month to pay it back in 5-10 years. If I went and got a degree in accounting and got a job that pays 40-50k a year(which seems pretty reasonable), isn't that worth it? You could live modestly under 3500 a month, drive a cheap, used car and easily be able to afford that payment, all the while getting raises every year or so, and valuable experience you never would have gotten without the degree. People act like student loans are this huge calamity that ruined their lives, but it's only 500 bucks a month for fuck's sake. These are the same people who buy 800 dollar iPhones every year or drive brand new cars.

I never would have imagined that I'm seriously considering taking out these huge ass loans. It all seems to hinge on if you get a good job out of school or not, but how hard could that honestly be if you bust your ass and do well in your classes? Or is it a mistake altogether to even think about this?
>>
>go to college
>rack up tens of thousands in debt
>graduate and make $10K more than non college educated wagecuck
>pay $20K a year in loans for 5 years
>finance a car, rack up credit card debt, and get a mortgage in the mean time because you can't afford anything because of student loan payments
>pay off those in the next 30 years while continuing down the slippery slope

If you're too stupid to get a full ride or too lazy to apply for a bunch of small scholarships that add up, then college isn't for you buddy. Just take up a trade, be a wage cuck for 5-10 years, then start a business and steal your employers customers. Then in 20-30 years your business will be booming but your body will be shit, and your new young employees repeat the cycle of stealing your business. If you're smart you saved and invested well and move to Philippines and marry a 18 year old girl.
>>
If you have a great job then no, its not bad. That makes sense though
>>
To be fair most of the people who are royally fucked are those who chose useless majors like lesbian dance theory. I do know some people who are financially fucked who did useful majors, but for them it's mostly because:
a) they're women who go into more fulfilling but lower paying jobs
b) because they wanted to travel and unwind after undergrad, so they followed their whims and when they come back they have no connections or recent experience
c) they decided to spend a lot during undergrad (i.e. they NEEDED to live in that expensive apartment on the hill, they NEEDED an expensive car, they NEEDED to live on campus, etc.)
d) All of the above

Overall, I think you'll be fine. Just be sure to hit college hard if your goal is to make good money afterward. Get mostly A's and some B's, work internships, do things that are relevant to what you want to do, etc. Seriously though, be very sociable in both professional and personal ways (know what you're talking about and be able to talk business, but know how and when to crack inappropriate jokes and banter with people). I went to dental school, but even here I have to tell you that it's not so much about the grades you make, it's about the hands you shake
>>
>>1687398
tens of thousands? That's cute

Cousin is currently $276k in debt from 4 years of college and 4 years of dental school
>>
>>1687733
Told me he was gonna make it back in approx. 5 years because atm he's making $70-something an hour 5 days a week
>>
>>1687733
That's a cute story. But statistically the average student debt burden is something like $26k
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.