[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to someday open my own restaurant. I am 18 and am currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1794.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1794.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I want to someday open my own restaurant. I am 18 and am currently employeed at firehouse subs. What's the next step.

(Plz help)
>>
>>1687167
Manage your money well, save enough for office space, and start distributing business cards.
>>
>>1687167
I can never tell when /biz/ is joking.

get promoted to management at a couple restaurants. Assistant manager should be sufficient.

this accomplishes 3 things:
1. It demonstrates you're not an idiot, which is important in business.
2. it teaches you how to run a business.
3. it shows you how little you'll actually make owning a restaurant.

once you've accomplished this task, give up on owning a restaurant and try to think of something that actually pays to do.
>>
Save money, build credit, apply for a business loan from your bank.
>>
>>1687188
You telling OP to save money for an office space to open his own restaurant? Are u fuckin retarded?
>>
>>1687167
Work in a real kitchen. Listen to the Tim Ferriss show podcast with the grand som he talks about his experience
>>
>>1687167
I don't remember the exact stats, but something like 80% of restaurants fail within the first 3 years. Whatever it is, it's a huge number. The food industry is really wonky. There's so many factors to consider. Your staff, your cooks, the vendors for food, the presentation, graphic design on the menus, pricing, advertising, regional tastes, seasonal swings, and special event days.

I own a building that I rent out as a restaurant. Nice location, and it has a very good floor plan for the kitchen and such. Plus, it's fairly profitable. That being said, I'm honestly thinking of selling it because the drama literally never fucking stops, and I'm not even the one running the fucking place. I'm just the landlord.

4 different shops in 10 years, a murder, an accidental halon system activation, a forged liquor license, and half a dozen drug raids, and that's just the tip. The only people more coked up than sous chefs are investment bankers. Even band camp doesn't have as much backroom sex. That's the food industry in a nutshell.

I don't eat out anymore.
>>
>>1687194
>>
>>1687194
Should have done this and listen to >>1687285
. Family and I opened our own restaurant, but profit margins are relatively low. If you love cooking or service, do it. If you want to make money and have another marketable skill, do something else.
>>
Watch every episode of kitchen nightmares. Seriously, it will beat into your head the most important aspects of running a restaurant
>>
>>1687167
Expect to work 7 days a week and long hours just making sure the ship doesn't sink even though it's always taking on water. I've worked in several family owned restaurants and I know for them it's a lot of work. The one I worked for that was quite successful took a lot of work and the owner was a cokehead who cheated on his wife with the bartender. All the fucked up stories you hear about the restaurant industry. I once caught the exec chef fucking a 15 y/o busgirl in the basement dry goods storage.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.