[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 22 >got a job after a couple years unemployment >shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 578525475.jpg (263KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
578525475.jpg
263KB, 1280x960px
>be 22
>got a job after a couple years unemployment
>shitty temp job at a factory $12/hour bumps up to $15/hour after I get hired on permanent in 90 days.
>made shitty choices and have 464 credit score
>have $3,008 in student loan debt
>have debt (collections)
>$623 owed to community college (I have no idea why but it's on my credit report)
>$723 owed to an apartment I just left after the lease was over without paying the final month's bill
>$343 owed to Comcast because I used to have Xfinity Internet and my Dad's girlfriend asked to add TV and she'd pay the difference but never did and I couldn't afford it
>$178 owed to Wells Fargo for a secured credit card I defaulted on when I was 19
>the last 2 aren't on my credit report but I'd still like to pay them off

>My plan for 2017

>Still living with Dad since I failed at being on my own when I moved out at 19
>Put $200-250 back a week until I buy a car while paying Dad or friend at work $25/week to take me to work and back.
>Buy car
>Get my own cell phone and secured credit card to make payments on hoping it improves my credit score.
>Start paying $250 a month towards student loan payments.
>Put $50 a week towards saving and paying off other debts.
>Be debt free
>Buy a new laptop because mine is 3 years old and the keyboard or mouse don't work so I use external one and it's covered in dried up sticky soda residue
>Be ready for next phase of my life in 2018

What should I do then? Save up and get my own place and be a factory slave for the rest of my life? Go to college? Take up a trade? I went to community college for 2 semesters taking up nursing but dropped out because it felt stupid. I only have a GED. I'm pretty smart I guess but I hate learning from text books and I have poor work ethic because I'm always tired from my sleep apnea. All I really enjoy doing is fishing and watching sports.
>>
>>1687083
I know you don't understand this because you're some retarded NEET who just got a job, but you're actually in not such a bad spot. If you started working fulltime instead of being a little bitch at home you could EASILY pay those debts.

Even better, while you work and earn money you can call each of these creditors and tell them you can pay X amount right away to settle the score. You'll be taking advantage of them at that point.

You have to remember that people your age are legit stuck with 100k in student debt, etc. I commend you for setting a plan though.

Good job, man. You'll make it
>>
>>1687083
Best case go to college, worst case go into a trade. Not saying being in a trade is bad, it is quite good.

Based on what you say, if you enjoy doing things with your hands, take a trade. You're likely semi-used to the environment because of the factory work, and, depending on what you go into, might use a lot of your already developed skills or contacts.

This isn't definitive, do whatever you want.
>>
Should get full time and off temp cuck service after March 5th and would go from $12 a hour to $15 taking home $1600 a month to around $2000.

Put back $250 a week until the week of March 5th or until I get full time. Should have about $2500 to purchase a car and all its related fees, and insurance.

Between now and purchasing a car I will try getting financed for a Google Pixel and use Project Fi as my provider since its only $20 a month plus $10 per GB. I hardly ever use my phone in a location without Wi-Fi and that's pretty cheap. I'm tired of being on my Dad's plan and his girlfriend having apps that tracks my location, texts, calls, etc. If I get turned down I will just go to Sprint and get an iPhone SE since its the cheapest down payment.

After I purchase a car, I will get a $250 secured credit card and use it to purchase gas and groceries. I will pay the balance each paycheck every 2 weeks. By having a limit and keeping my debit card at home it should help tame my spending habits. I never carry cash.

Once I'm full time and own a car, I will pay $250 a week towards my ~$3000 in student loans.

After student loans are paid off I will save $250 a week until I can pay off my debts to Community College and Comcast/Xfinity. I was told by a family member at the bank that paying off collections doesn't improve my score so I'm not worried about the apartment lease.

After I'm debt free I'm going to continue putting $200-250 a week into savings until I figure out what I want to do next. If I want to go back to school I would have to find a different job because this job is swing shift. And this is pretty much the best place around in terms of factory work or no skills work in general. Every other place pays $9-12 a hour while here starts at $15. I definitely want to get out of my Dad's shit hole but the cheapest apartments around are $900 a month starting. I could rent out a room but that would be $400-500.
>>
>>1687260
I'm OP. ID changed I guess because mobile.
>>
>>1687083

>$3008 student loan
>anything to be concerned about

jesus christ. just wait a few more years my young friend when real costs start hitting you. 3k is trivial for a loan.
>>
>>1687270
$3k is a lot when you only make $12 a hour. Itd take at most a year to pay it off. Life is too short for that shit.
>>
>>1687284

well then in that case get all thoughts of big money out of your head right now. solve your immediate money issues by sacrificing all the non essential shit in your life.

have a strict budget and tick off those loans 1 by 1 until theyre all gone. THEN when thats all finished you move on to the next step which Id recommend would be just finding a better paying job / promotion.

saying you want to buy a new laptop because your current one is a bit old and dirty is a pretty stupid idea, and its likely youll buy that BEFORE paying off your debts, because thats how short sighted people do things. by buying a new laptop / cell phone youre essentially destroying and chance of paying off the rest of your shit.
>>
I'm 24, making the same money as you and have $25k in debt. You're going to be fine dude, seriously.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.