[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is trade school really a meme? im 18 and have absolutely no direction.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1474907006190.png (831KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1474907006190.png
831KB, 1280x1381px
Is trade school really a meme? im 18 and have absolutely no direction. Im not a piece of shit though. im working at a restraunt right now and i could easily climb the ladder and become gm in no time. seriously not sure if i should go to uni or not.
>>
you can apply to your trade school here: admission is free for the poor boys club.

search youtube for Martin Shkreli investing finance part 1
>>
I come from a family of general white trash blue collar people and could give my own biased opinions.

HVAC and plumbing are decent career paths if you want to start your own business 5-10 years down the road. That's basically what every one does. If you actually find a decent employer and pay attention to how they operate and their work ethic, you could easily make $90-120K a year NET running your own one man crew business like most people here in Texas eventually do.

Electrician is decent. My friend went to an electrician program at a tech school. He also took some classes at a community college for a "career certificate" in machine maintenance. He's been doing maintenance in a factory for almost 6 years now and makes $28/hour. The plant he works at maxes out at $40/hour.

Welding is pretty shit pay unless you chase the money. My Uncle's friend basically travels a lot just to find the jobs making decent pay. Else you will be making $12-14/hour in a shop/factory.

Then there's the basic handy man shit my Uncle does. He does painting, landscaping, flooring, etc. It's taken him over a decade and lots of debt to build up his business though. And there's really no schooling for it. You just have to gain experience through shitty $8-10/hour general labor jobs being somebody's bitch, then taking their customers.

Another blue collar option would be janitorial. Invest in some cleaning equipment. Learn how to properly use a commercial carpet cleaner. Learn how to wax and strip floors. Get a business license and liability insurance. Start cold calling stores and offices, or showing up in person. Maybe make a bullshit website with before and after photos of offices or stores being cleaned. My Father did this briefly for a few years and it's good money but he failed because he will never be fit to run a business. He doesn't know how to use computers or a cell phone very much. He's always rude with people. He refuses to look professional. etc.
>>
Dont go to college if you dont know what you want to do yet. Thats the real meme here.
>>
>>1686937
Sadly many parents force their kids to or kick them out. They are brainwashed into believing you need a college education to be successful and relate blue collar trades to lower class scum that leech off government hand outs, when trades make more than most college degrees will ever get you.
>>
INVEST INTO DRYS MY FRIEND
>>
>>1686933
Welding must depend on where you are.

I live up in Washington state, and my Uncle easily makes 6 figures welding. Then again, we have lots of big machinery businesses, and Boeing that need welding done.

>>1686937
I don't know about that. I suppose if that's how it is monetarily, then that's how it'll be. But I went to school on a full ride, and took time to get a taste of a lot of different subjects before settling on BioEngineering.
>>
>>1686917

Nothing really is a meme, except get rich quick schemes or women studies.
>>
>>1686946
>i went to school on a full ride
Nigga the average person can barely afford to go to college when they do know what they want to do, not even factoring in meme degrees. I want to go for data Mathematics but can't even afford a pizza so I have to study on my own.
>>
>>1686952
Most if not all Universities have meal plans included in their tuition fees.

Also get a job. If I hear another Millennial complaining about how hard it fucking is to have some basic financial common sense, I'm going to go down to Texas A&M campus on Monday and try to beat the high score.
>>
>>1686952
But a lot of schools will just give you a full ride for being poor. Because I'm below the poverty line, the University of Washington just paid for the whole thing.
>>
File: 1482301731195.jpg (142KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1482301731195.jpg
142KB, 1080x1350px
Op here I guess im not sure if im cut out for a trade. I had a 4.0 GPA in highschool really artistic fit and semi attractive. I know it sounds uppity. But How does one get a job that doesn't destroy either your mind,body or both?
>>
>>1686955
My home state offered the same thing. Don't know if they still do or not. But basically do your homework and graduate high school in the top 10% of grades and you instantly qualify for a bunch of scholarships and grants that basically covers everything. Has nothing to even do with income, but there are tons of income based grants and scholarships as well. My University had a $1,800/year scholarship just for having perfect attendance.
>>
>>1686959
>not mentally stressful
Any physical labor job

>not physically stressful
Any office job

>not mentally or physically stressful
Anything that pays minimum wage, being a NEET, rich parents, or lotto
>>
>>1686954
I do have a job you stupid son of a bitch. I work in a startup in san fran but the fucking prices areso high that everything other than super rich is poverty tier here, not to mention the fact that if I wasn't living here I couldn't have a job like this. Wtf are you even complaining about """"millenials"""" for retard
>>
>>1686965
Working at a new start up is one way to put you're a barista at a newly opened Starbucks store.
>>
>>1686959
If fucking that short haored girl was a job i'd be employee of the month every month
>>
>>1686967
Starbucks isnt a startup though so...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.