[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about studying translation and interpretation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1405797490511.gif (124KB, 680x846px) Image search: [Google]
1405797490511.gif
124KB, 680x846px
What do you think about studying translation and interpretation? Im spanish btw
>>
>>1686523
Pienso que eres un maricon

How is my spanish?
>>
>>1686537
Maricón*, pretty good thou
>>
>>1686546
Gracias senpai

How many languages do you know other than English and Spanish? I don't know much about the translator business. You could probably teach English in Honduras or something.
>>
>>1686564
Català, Castilian and English, you are supoused to study more languages during your degree.

Why would I go to honduras as a white Spaniard? I`d be better off in some asian country with cheap hookers
>>
>>1686523
Not to crush your dreams, but I've been following the profession for a while and I have to say:
1) getting your foot in the door in an agency is practically impossible. Many adult translators, who are native speakers and have a solid background, both scholarly and professionally, struggle to enter.
2) freelancing in that language combination (en - sp, sp - en) is riddled with competition, from both serious people to college students who want to make a buck whilst not getting out of their chair.
3) google translate is really getting better. You can google about it yourself, but it's using AI and machine learning now. And it has a fuckton of material to study. Think about it.

Ask yourself: "can I compete on price, or quality?"
>>
>>1686575
Thats right man, but what else could I do? shits fucked
>>
>>1686567
I just threw out Honduras because it's a place that speaks spanish so you'd be able to communicate easily with the populace there. If you want to learn how to speak chink then by all means do so.

Catalan won't do you much good kek.

>>1686588
Maybe study something useful and learn languages on the side?
>>
>>1686591
> study something useful
And what is something useful that doesnt make me want to kill myself?
>>
Good luck with that. AI will take this over completely
>>
>>1686588
Interpreter, teacher, professor, consultant, HR for big companies?
>>
>>1686604
Does math make you want to kill yourself?
>>
>>1686625
all those options are avaible with a degree in translation and interpretation, so its wouldnt be that dumb to curse it

>>1686626
Yes, boring as hell
>>
>>1686588
Im spanish too and there's nothing to do other than buy bitcoin and try to make money on the internet which it all comes down to luck ultimately, but I would rather NEET and try luck than rot in some wagecuck low paying hell.

tl;dr: Que trabaje su puta madre.
>>
>>1686644
You could work for a foreigner companie and move to the country of said company or just work from home like a true neet rigth?

Intentaré ganar algo por internet, como todo buen Neet, pero tener alguna carrera como traducción e interpretación ayudaria.
>>
>>1686523
Una puta mierda pinchada en un palo.

How is my Spanish then?
>>
>>1686631
I thought that was the question.

There's plenty of career options elsewhere if you're really looking for it. However, I don't know you, so I can't give you any advice.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.